Action Button - Jump through sheets on WB open

Lukas Meyer

Action Button - Jump through sheets on WB open

Post by Lukas Meyer »

Hello,

I have a workbook with 5 worksheets, each of them with 1 to 6 Action Buttons. When opened (either from applications or from the file system) the sheets of the workbook start to switch focus. (or they are activated in some crazy order)
There are no macros in the workbook - the issue will occur on a blank workbook with some actionbuttons on the worksheets.
I tried to mess a bit with the calculation-tab of the Excel-option-menu but had no success at all

TM1-Client is on 9.1.30100.451 Update 1
Excel 2003 SP2

Any suggestions?
ScottW
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1 CX
Version: 9.5 9.4.1 9.1.4 9.0 8.4
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Re: Action Button - Jump through sheets on WB open

Post by ScottW »

I'm afraid nothing can be done about this annoyance. On workbook open each Action Button momentarily takes the focus as the axtiveX control is registered. This happens prior to execution of the Workbook_Open event. The only way to stop this is to change report design to single sheet where using action buttons. Generally there's no reason not to do this as with TM1 in the background there should be no reason to have cells linking between sheets.
Cheers,
Scott W
Cubewise
www.cubewise.com
Lukas Meyer

Post by Lukas Meyer »

Scott,

Thank you - I really like the "it's TM1s fault - nobody can do anything against it" answers. But on the other hand I have to tell the client to re-design the worksheets :(

I think the issue never occurred to me because most other clients have only 1 action button or 1 sheet in a workbook ;)
stephen waters
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Re:Jump through sheets on WB open - without action buttons!

Post by stephen waters »

I have just upgraded to Ver 9.4 ( demo machine only!) and I get this behaviour in workbooks without actions buttons. In fact workbooks with nothing but empty sheets in! However, it doen't happen unless I am logged in to a TM1 server.

I have reported it to Cognos and it has been recognised as a problem.
Mike L

Post by Mike L »

Nothing like a little beta testing to reveal issues with unanticipated usages. ;)
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Re:Jump through sheets on WB open - without action buttons!

Post by Alan Kirk »

stephen waters wrote:I have just upgraded to Ver 9.4 ( demo machine only!) and I get this behaviour in workbooks without actions buttons. In fact workbooks with nothing but empty sheets in! However, it doen't happen unless I am logged in to a TM1 server.

I have reported it to Cognos and it has been recognised as a problem.
All,

I've just heard that this issue is rectified in 9.4 Hotfix 3. If it's causing a problem for you, I suggest contacting your Cognos account manager to get a copy of that.

(Or more precisely, to get details of the FTP login needed to download it.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
stephen waters
MVP
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by stephen waters »

Thanks for that. I was told earlier in the week that it will be fixed in MR1 (Maintenance Release, new terminology) due out in Dec. I didn't know about this hotfix and have asked for download details