Action button in TM1 Web (v9.5)

TM1Dunk
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: All
Excel Version: All

Action button in TM1 Web (v9.5)

Post by TM1Dunk »

All

I would appreciate it if someone running v9.5 could perform a quick test involving a websheet with an action button for me - to make sure I'm not missing something obvious or encountering a particularly unique environment / configuration issue.

1) Create a new Excel sheet with some TM1 formulae on it
2) Add an action button (doesn't matter what it does really, though mine tend to run TI processes)
3) Format the action button to show some sensible text and check the "display as hpyerlink" option
4) Publish to applications
5) Open sheet in TM1 Web (admin or user)
6) Close and reopen same sheet

I have found the following weirdness:
1) First time the sheet is opened after publishing, the hyperlink button appears in blue underlined text as expected
2) On second or subsequent openings, the button text is gone / invisible. If you mouse over the general area, the mose cursor changes to denote that there is *something* there, and clicking does run the action button

Question: Is "display as hyperlink" a known area of flakiness or could this be just webby action buttons in v9.5?

I've tried republishing the sheet as a new sheet, updating the existing sheet, logging into TM1 Web as admin or user, logging into the Web on the app server / web server / admin PC / cient PC and this behaviour seems to be consistent.

Question: Does anyone have more favourable experiences of using action buttons which look like good ol' 16-bit command buttons?

[EDIT] I am resizing the action button in Excel using the VBA "Design" toggle, resizing to fit 2x2 cells.

TIA

TM1Dunk
GPC
Version: 10.2.20100.123
Excel Version: 365

Re: Action button in TM1 Web (v9.5)

Post by GPC »

Hi TM1Dunk,

I can confirm that this issue also occurs under 9.5.1 with Excel 2007 SP2.
There are a number of APAR's logged with IBM concerning this issue;
PM15245, PM 21069, PM25031 & PM15557.

IBM's "Local fix" is " "Do not format the action buttons as hyperlinks".
:shock:

I've just lodged a Service Request to see if it's fixed in 9.5.2.

cheers,

Gregory
GPC
Version: 10.2.20100.123
Excel Version: 365

Re: Action button in TM1 Web (v9.5)

Post by GPC »

This issue is fixed in 9.5.1 HF8.

cheers,

Gregory