Active Forms 9.4

Tobias

Active Forms 9.4

Post by Tobias »

Hello,

I have a problem using the new Active Forms in TM1 9.4.
I am not able to pull Active Form data into separate Excel cells (outside the Active Form). When I modify the Cube Data and refresh the sheet, the cells outside the Active Form become invalid. With the dynamic slices in 9.1 it worked.

Thank you for any help and best regards,

Tobias
Lukas Meyer

Re: Active Forms 9.4

Post by Lukas Meyer »

Since I don't have access to a 9.4 I can only guess: try INDIREKT("Reference A1") - this could help. It's worth a try :D
Tobias

Post by Tobias »

Great, =SUMME(INDIREKT("D28:D29")) works for example.
You can only use certain areas in the excel sheet for that function, because the active form seems to block a big part of the sheet, but it works.

What I wonder now is, that the formular above does not work when I put it into a chart. The chart loses the reference after recalc.

Maybe you also have an idea for that problem?

Thanks very much
Lukas Meyer

Post by Lukas Meyer »

I assume you entered the formula in the wizard-dialog? Excel will convert the Formula to a direct range - which seems to be problematic.
You could mirror the values in an additional sheet (using INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1") in A1 of Sheet2 etc.) and refer to the other sheet.

Caution: do not use SHIFT+F9 (TM1RECALC1), the second sheet won't recalculate.
Caution2: AFAIK TM1Web does not support INDIRECT - but have a look in the 9.4 manual (developers guide) maybe it is supported now?
Tobias

Post by Tobias »

Thanks a lot again, that worked as well.

But I really wonder why it worked in 9.1 and does not in 9.4 anymore.

There is another thing: charts are not reliable created wihin TM1 Web. Sometimes they work sometimes not. Seems to depend on, where you place the chart: the help files say you should not place a chart next to the active form (within the same rows). But even if you put it onto another sheet e.g. it works within excel but not in TM1 Web anymore (it just disappears then).

I am not very happy about the active forms. I am not sure if it is just buggy or if I have to change any preferences in excel 2003.