Find a roll up using an [N] Element

armas

Find a roll up using an [N] Element

Post by armas »

Hi

Is there a way to know if an [N] element is rolling up to a certain consolidation even if this is 3 or 4 levels above??
MattyG

Re: Find a roll up using an [N] Element

Post by MattyG »

Hi,

Yes there is. In subset editor, find the element that you wish to find out what parent it rolls up into, then select the keep option (green tick). Then highlight the element by clicking on its name, and then click on the roll up option, which looks like 4 circles ( 1 red, 3 white ) in a diagonal formation with an up arrow at the side. This will then display the immediate parent of this element. You can then repeat this process to find the parent of the parent, by highlighting the parent and clicking on the roll up icon again. Keep repeating this exercise, until when you reach the top of the hierarchy, when the element is selected, the roll up option will be greyed out.

HTH

Regards
Matt
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

armas wrote:Hi

Is there a way to know if an [N] element is rolling up to a certain consolidation even if this is 3 or 4 levels above??
Just to expand on what Matt was saying, if you're on an earlier version[1] the icon in question looks like an upside down fork.

[1] "Earlier version" = one of the version 8's, or possibly version 9.0; I can't recall when the change occurred, but at some point (I thought it was 9.1 but it could have been earlier), Applix decided to change all of the icons on the subset editor toolbar. What fun when it comes to user training!

Also, if you're doing this in TuboIntegrator you can use the ElIsAnc function. Iboglix SHOULD have provided ElIsAnc as a worksheet function as well, but to date they haven't. Let's not get started on that subject; all that needs to be said is :evil:
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
armas

Post by armas »

Oooops

Thanks for your kind response...but seems I did not explain as I should...
I'm trying to do this on Excel, actually something like ELISANC, but this function does not seem to work

Any workarounds?
paulsimon
MVP
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by paulsimon »

Hi

Check the recent posts. There were various ways given to do an ELISANC in Excel. If you check some of my old posts you should also find some VBA to implement the ELISANC function

Regards

Paul Simon
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Ryan »

armas wrote:Oooops

Thanks for your kind response...but seems I did not explain as I should...
I'm trying to do this on Excel, actually something like ELISANC, but this function does not seem to work

Any workarounds?
Have a look in the Useful Code sticky post at the top of this forum. You'll see the second post has two methods to work around the ElisAnc function in Excel.

Or just click here: http://forums.olapforums.com/viewtopic. ... =214#p1480

Cheers,
Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer