Robert
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TM1 and Dundas Charts

Post by jim wood »

Pardon my ignorance but what is a Dundas chart?
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

It's the charting module which comes with TM1Web 9.x.
I personally think it's rather good but it doesn't half confuse the prospects when they have TM1Web with Dundas and also EV.
Don't think we have any current clients using it in anger - based on a lack of support issues coming back to us.
George Regateiro
MVP
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007 SP3

Post by George Regateiro »

What version of Dundas Chart are you talking about?

Yes TM1Web uses a earlier version for their charting, but there are plenty of other flavors that they offer.

We are currently investigating the SharePoint Charts (they are all basically the same, it is the API that is different), but since there are not any good data connectors (that I know of) into TM1 we have not been able to attempt to use this against our TM1 data. If anyone has come up with a solution to this I would very greatful.

So basically (ignoring the built in TM1Web charts since it is the earlier version) Dundas Charts are great tools but their TM1 integration is lacking.
George Regateiro
MVP
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007 SP3

Post by George Regateiro »

Since we are investigating the SharePoint piece I did a little research on the Dundas site and came across their OLAP tool and a few forum posts on connecting to TM1 with it. I am writing our sales person for more information on the connection.

The biggest problem with the tool is that it is a Visual Studio add in so you would have to be comfortable in that software as well.

I will let you know when I hear more.
robertk

Post by robertk »

The company I work for has the licence for the latest version of Dundas charts which it uses for its MS Reporting Services cubes.

As I like some of the charting and dashboard objects which it has, I was hoping that I could integrate some of those controls into my TM1 dashboards. I am just not sure how to integrate the two.

We are not using TM1 Web or EV, just 9.1 SP2.