Old rules editor in 9.1

Simon Bradshaw

Old rules editor in 9.1

Post by Simon Bradshaw »

Our IT dept had to take our servers down immediately yesterday as a precautionary exercise due to power fluctuations.
After being re-started, the rules editor has reverted back to the old version, I am currently on v9.1SP2U3.
The server still had .NET Framework 2.0 so a repair was run on this.
The service was stopped and started but the old rules editor is still there.
Any ideas?
Simon Bradshaw

Re: Old rules editor in 9.1

Post by Simon Bradshaw »

Not sure how this has happened but the ini file has changed since IT pulled the plug on our servers.
AdvancedRulesEditor = F

The other machines with Perspectives loaded have suffered the same change to this parameter.
The ini file sits on the hard drive, how could the servers going down change this?

At least the problem is solved.
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

I've got to ask - do you find the new editor reliable? I find it pretty but very quirky. How do you create a reference like ['2008','Jan'], for instance? And I'd heard that Engineering were looking round for a replacement, though I don't know if they found one.
Simon Bradshaw

Post by Simon Bradshaw »

I would manually write out a short reference such as ['Jan-2008','Order Book'] but use F8 for cube references.
The formatting is intuitive which makes reading someone elses rules easier or your own for that matter.
The overall functionality makes rules a lot faster to spot mistakes, develop and maintain.

The result is that we never use rule worksheets always the Editor.
It is the reverse for dimensions, never the dim file always the xdi.