Iboglix Contacts E-Mail Addresses

Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Iboglix Contacts E-Mail Addresses

Post by Alan Kirk »

A small caution; it might be an idea to ensure that you have the most up to date e-mail addresses for your contacts / account managers at Iboglix.

I'm not sure whether this is the case globally, but certainly in Australia the Applix addresses no longer work and I'm told that the Cognos addresses will be buried around the end of this month as well to be replaced by arcane IBM addresses. (In the case of Australia, at least some of the addresses use the domain au1.ibm.com. Not exactly "guessable".) E-mails sent to the old addresses don't redirect, they bounce.

Yup, you've gotta give it to Big Blue; it really "gets" the whole Internet thingie. They're probably still convinced that if they hold out long enough PS/2, OS/2 and Lotus will make a comeback too. "But, but... we're IBM! Everyone should be following OUR standards! Hey, where'd everyone go?"
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Iboglix Contacts E-Mail Addresses

Post by jim wood »

It's alright. They'll be able to sit in the home for "retired software companies" with Microsoft. As a guy said on the TV the other day: "The 80's belonged to IBM, the 90's belonged to Microsoft, the new century belongs to the internet."

Just imagine the conversation:

IBM: "What happened to good old stand alone computing?"
Microsoft: "Don't know"
IBM: "We ruled the world"
Microsoft: "No you didn't"
IBM: "Oh yes we did and OS2 was best OS."
Microsoft: "Oh no you didn't and not it wasn't. Vista was best OS ever."
IBM: "Vista.....Oh no, gotta go pee."
Microsoft: "Ha ha, you been on the Lotus juice again... What's your name again? My brain is only 32-bit and I have run out of memory."
Nurse Google: "Back in your rooms now. Thats your exercise for the day."
Nurse Apple: "Make sure you lock their doors. The public may think we're letting them out again."
Nurse Linux: "It's ok, I have given them both their drugs so they can lie in bed dreaming of being great again."
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Eric
MVP
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Re: Iboglix Contacts E-Mail Addresses

Post by Eric »

I am thinking we need a new board under Cognos called Comics. IBoglix keeps providing so much material.
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003