Print Error on TM1Web

cbergen
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: Excel 2007

Print Error on TM1Web

Post by cbergen »

Hello everyone,

Problem I am using TM1Web to allow users to Plan their budgets, as part of this process the users need to print their budgets.

Issue: Some users are getting the following error message when they try to print from TM1Web using the following
method : Snapshop to Excel, Open Download File and Print from Window that generates.

Error message is 'Excel could not open the Xml spreadsheet: Exception from HRESULT :0X800A03EC'.

Other users are having their explorer and excel programs seize up and have to terminate the programs.

Does anyone know what this could be. IBM not been too helpful yet. I'm having a sinking feeling that the idea of using TM1Web to avoid having to worry about each users computer setup is being undone by this print problem.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Print Error on TM1Web

Post by Alan Kirk »

cbergen wrote: Problem I am using TM1Web to allow users to Plan their budgets, as part of this process the users need to print their budgets.

Issue: Some users are getting the following error message when they try to print from TM1Web using the following
method : Snapshop to Excel, Open Download File and Print from Window that generates.

Error message is 'Excel could not open the Xml spreadsheet: Exception from HRESULT :0X800A03EC'.

Other users are having their explorer and excel programs seize up and have to terminate the programs.

Does anyone know what this could be. IBM not been too helpful yet. I'm having a sinking feeling that the idea of using TM1Web to avoid having to worry about each users computer setup is being undone by this print problem.
I haven't experienced it myself but I recall Adam Buckle responding to a similar query during the mercifully short lifespan (for TM1 users) of Cognos Communities. Alas Adam only puts in an occasional appearance these days so I trust that he'll indulge me in quoting from the e-mail copy that I have of his post:
Adam Buckle wrote:I have experienced this problem on more than occasion. I believe it can happen when the registry file for Excel xml integration within tm1web is corrupted usually after Microsoft excel updates. There can be other causes that I don't have a technical explanation for.

The process I followed to fix this was:
1.restart the tm1 Excel service ... try again, and if that doesn't work

2.restart the IIS service (or use iisreset from the command line) then to be absolutely sure restart the TM1 excel service,.. try again, These two approachs did work in one instance I can recall.

3. If niether of these work unfortunately you will need to reinstall TM1 web only. Note that if you have customised TM1web in any way you will need recustomise it. Last time I faced this problem I needed to do this.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Maxon
OLAP Product: TM1, Transformer
Version: TM1 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Post by Maxon »

I have the same error but with small differences.

There're 3 excel files, Import is ok from the first and second files but import don't work from the third file.
Can u help me?
jpm_de
Version: 10.2.2 FP3
Excel Version: 2010

Post by jpm_de »

There is an official IBM technote, that might help as well.
The suggested solution didn't work for me, but it may help in other cases.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21455239

Best regards,
JPM
Why TM1? Because ...with great dimensionality there must also come -- great responsibility!
(http://www.quotecounterquote.com/2012/0 ... great.html)
RLReyes
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by RLReyes »

I have seen this error couple of times & restarting the TM1 Excel Service does resolve the issue.
- Rod

TM1 Version: 10.1.1
Excel: 2010