Workspace - Synchronize Selection Widgets

declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Workspace - Synchronize Selection Widgets

Post by declanr »

In Planning Analytics Workspace I have a book with multiple cubes that I want to synchronize from a single widget on the front page for store/country.

Cubes which contain the store dimension should show the country and its children (stores).
Cubes which contain the country dimension should show the country element.

This is obviously a simple requirement. Currently I am achieving it by selecting the country in 2 separate widgets, one created from the country dimension and one created from the store dimension.

I want users to only have to select the country in 1 widget and then have a way of the other one knowing which has been selected, as far as I can tell there is no way to do that directly. I have tried playing about with a few things, such as the selection being made on a websheet in subnm for country, while a second subnm is automatically updated by a formula based on what was changed in the first one - problem here is when set to synchronize that behavior inside the websheet is overruled.

I feel like there must be an easy way to do this, has anyone done something similar?
Declan Rodger
bkkbasher
OLAP Product: PAx & PAW
Version: PA 2.0.8
Excel Version: Excel 2019

Re: Workspace - Synchronize Selection Widgets

Post by bkkbasher »

Bump this.

How about linking the selection from one dimension to an MDX in another?!

I know I'm not going to be able to replicate everything from my old Perspectives worksheets in PAW, but some kind of workaround for linking selections between two different dimensions would be very useful.