paulsimon
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

TM1 Web IBM Websphere Liberty server maxing out CPU

Post by paulsimon »

Hi

We have had numerous cases recently where the IBM Websphere Liberty Server on which TM1 Web is running has maxed out the CPU, to the extent where users cannot even log on to TM1 Web.

We did eventually trace the issue to one particular spreadsheet, and have rebuilt that. In any case our accountants no longer need sheet completed that so it has been disabled. However, we are now encountering the issue again so there must be another sheet. However, unlike the old TM1 Web, in Liberty I cannot see anything in the logs that will tell me which sheet it was working on at the time the problem arose.

The key log seems to be in \apps\ibm\cognos\tm1_64\webapps\tm1web\WEB-INF\log\tm1web.log

There are several logs on the server. Is there perhaps one I have missed? Is there a setting that can be added to the log4j.properties file in the configuration directory that will give this?

We have raised a PMR with IBM and have sent a full dump file along with logs etc. However, we have not heard anything back yet.

Regards

Paul Simon