Focus when clicking an Excel file in Applications

Catherine
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 - PA
Excel Version: 2010

Focus when clicking an Excel file in Applications

Post by Catherine »

Hello,

I am currently testing Planning Analytics, in order to plan a migration from TM1 10.2.2 to PA.
I can't find any information regarding the focus when you open an Excel file located in Applications.

In TM1 10.2.2, when I open an Excel file in Applications, the file opens and I am in Excel, ready to use the file.
In PA, when I open an Excel file in Applications, the focus remains in Perspectives, I have to go to Excel to use the file.

Do you know how to change this behaviour? I had a look at the tm1p.ini parameters but did not find anything interesting.

Thank you in advance
Catherine
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 - PA
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Focus when clicking an Excel file in Applications

Post by Catherine »

Any idea, I still did not find the tip :?:
Catherine wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:09 pm Hello,

I am currently testing Planning Analytics, in order to plan a migration from TM1 10.2.2 to PA.
I can't find any information regarding the focus when you open an Excel file located in Applications.

In TM1 10.2.2, when I open an Excel file in Applications, the file opens and I am in Excel, ready to use the file.
In PA, when I open an Excel file in Applications, the focus remains in Perspectives, I have to go to Excel to use the file.

Do you know how to change this behaviour? I had a look at the tm1p.ini parameters but did not find anything interesting.

Thank you in advance
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Focus when clicking an Excel file in Applications

Post by tomok »

That issue didn't just crop up in PA. I've also seen it in 10.2.2 FP4. I've never heard of a TM1 setting you, meaning the customer, can alter to change this behavior. I'm not surprised that no else has an answer for you.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/