Need to retrieve old values in cube

tmortensen
OLAP Product: CX1 TM1
Version: 2.5 9.5 10.1 10.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007 2010

Need to retrieve old values in cube

Post by tmortensen »

Hi,
Long time user and first post here. I'm looking for ideas to retrieve forecast values in a cube. We use one version ("Forecast") as our current forecast version and static copies of the forecast ("Forecast 10+2", "Forecast 11+1", etc.) to store our forecast as reported each month. A cube rule sets Forecast=Actual for the months with actuals. That rule was updated for December before the Forecast 11+1 copy was made. I've removed the Forecast=Actual rule for December and now get no values for December. I need to restore the forecast values for December. The cubename.cub file is backed up nightly but the timestamp on the filename has not changed since before the rule change was made. I've restored an older cub file and restarted the server with it in the Data folder but no luck. Any ideas?

I'm using TM1 10.2.2

Thanks
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: Need to retrieve old values in cube

Post by Wim Gielis »

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, can't you have a *.cub file with:
- December forecast values (white input cells at level 0, or Stet)
- no rule that Forecast = Actual.

There surely must be such a file if there is a nightly backup ?
Then retrieve this cub file, along with dim files, rux file at that time, attributes files, ...
Or better yet, extract the full model and set up a temporary model to export the values to text file, then import again in production.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
tmortensen
OLAP Product: CX1 TM1
Version: 2.5 9.5 10.1 10.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007 2010

Re: Need to retrieve old values in cube

Post by tmortensen »

Yes, that's what I had expected to do. The time stamp of the *.cub file in the backup was the same as the time stamp of the current "live" *.cub file, even after the rule was changed and a Data Save was performed. Restoring the full model was not really an option in our environment.

Anyway, I was able to restore a *.cub file with the data in our Dev environment and export it to a file that I loaded successfully in production.

Thanks for your help.