Re-syncing Leaves Hierarchy in PA

PavoGa
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP7, PA2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 2013 PAW

Re-syncing Leaves Hierarchy in PA

Post by PavoGa »

Is there a way for the system to "re-sync" the Leaves hierarchy within a dimension if it gets out of sync? By this, I mean we have alternate hierarchies with leaf elements that do not exist in the Leaves hierarchy. This resulted from an incomplete migration of objects for the dimension.

Have not found anything. Have restarted. Have tried "tricking" it into rebuilding the Leaves hierarchy by the direct functions, but to no avail.

Looks like we'll have to use a TI to do it.
Ty
Cleveland, TN
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Re-syncing Leaves Hierarchy in PA

Post by lotsaram »

PavoGa wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:04 pm we have alternate hierarchies with leaf elements that do not exist in the Leaves hierarchy.
My understanding is that this should simply not be possible. A leaf in any hierarchy must also exist in the Leaves hierarchy.

I guess when you say it resulted from "incomplete migration" you mean a "cold" migration of .dim files from one instance to another and a restart?
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
PavoGa
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP7, PA2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 2013 PAW

Re: Re-syncing Leaves Hierarchy in PA

Post by PavoGa »

lotsaram wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:23 pm
I guess when you say it resulted from "incomplete migration" you mean a "cold" migration of .dim files from one instance to another and a restart?
That is exactly what I meant. Did a cold migration and the different instances have different hierarchies and elements within those hierarchies over time. This between DEV instances. Do not expect it in QA/PROD.

Anyway, wrote a process that ensures everything in Leaves stays copacetic.
Ty
Cleveland, TN