Rule driven Consolidation values disappear on suppress Zero

Sainavin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Rule driven Consolidation values disappear on suppress Zero

Post by Sainavin »

Hello Everyone,
I am new to TM1 and I have an issue where your expertise can help me with, please help me with your valuable suggestions.

Problem: I have a rule-driven consolidation and I am calculating the value by dividing two measures and the consolidation cells are formatted to % value although the consolidation has values such as (98.365%, 94.336%,...etc) when I apply to suppress zero the values disappear.

Note: The rule doesn't have any feeders as I am calculating the values in the same cube and it is a consolidation so no feeders are written.

example:
Formula: Rate % = Net Rate/total rate (where Rate % ,Net rate are consolidation elements and Total rate is child element for Net Rate).
Rate% = (1734/1983) = 0.8744 * 100 = 87.44% .

Both Net rate and total rate are nowhere related to Rate%.
Here Rate% has one child element which has no values at all for any measure or any coordinate.

What I have tried:

I have learned that when the calculation is performed the result was close to zero i.e (0.98365, 0.94336,..etc) as tm1 rounds anything close to zero values as Zeros I thought this was causing the problem here.

1>I have created a dummy element as a child under Rate% and fed it with some value so that to see if it works keeping in mind the consolidation rollup logic.

2>I have checked the element weights if any element has 0 as its weight may cause the issue and I have seen no signs of them all the elements have weight as 1

3>I have tried to compose the view with child elements which has values and applied the suppress zero the other child elements like "Net Rate, total rate" hold back but the consolidation Rate % and its direct child the dummy element I created and fed also disappeared.

I hope you get the idea of my problem. Please help me solve this issue I greatly appreciate any suggestions and corrections.

Thanks in advance!!

Happy Learning :)
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Rule driven Consolidation values disappear on suppress Zero

Post by lotsaram »

If your measure element is consolidated then data against the leaf descendants act as "pseudo-feeders" and there is no need to feed the consolidated rule (in fact you shouldn't feed a C rule. This will work fine in null suppression. The only catch is that the LEAF elements under the consolidation must themselves either hold data or if rule calculated with N: rules then these cells must be correctly fed.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Sainavin

Post by Sainavin »

Hi Lotsaram,

Thanks for the response i appreciate your suggestion!

The problem here is the calculated consolidation doesn't have any children with values so I have created a dummy child element under this consolidation element and fed it with some static value.

let say the dummy element is'A' I fed it with a rule

['A']=100;

This will populate the value 100 in all the coordinates which should solve my problem but when i composed the view with this child element and calculated elements and apply suppress Zero i didn't see both calculated values and the dummy element values both disappear.

Thanks for the help though!!
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

'A' is calculated and unfed again - this will not help you.

Adding Total Rate as a child should help otherwise write a feeder from Total Rate to Rate%
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Sainavin wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:49 pm The problem here is the calculated consolidation doesn't have any children with values so I have created a dummy child element under this consolidation element and fed it with some static value.

let say the dummy element is'A' I fed it with a rule
['A']=100;
Sorry for being blunt but the problem is you don't know what you are doing.
Rules and feeders are different (but related) concepts. You don't "feed a rule" by defining the calculation.
I suggest you start with reading the Rules Guide then come back if it is still not clear.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Sainavin

Post by Sainavin »

OK, i will refer the documentation again anyways thanks fro the help lotsaram I appreciate it.

Have a good day!!