kavitha2002
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.3.10100.8
Excel Version: 14

Tm1 pax Cognos_Office_Connection_Cache

Post by kavitha2002 »

Hello,

While opening the Active Sheets in TM1 Pax, i have noticed that Cognos_Office_Connection_Cache worksheet is also created: open VBA then can notify the Cognos_Office_Connection_Cache worksheet. But I would like to remove this before saving the reports.
I have tried with Automation CognosOfficeAutomationObject.ClearCache() but no effect.

Any suggestion???
daniel.havassy
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics Local
Version: 2.0.4
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Tm1 pax Cognos_Office_Connection_Cache

Post by daniel.havassy »

Are you trying to delete the Cognos_Office_Connectio_Cache sheet itself? If so, I'd refrain from that. This is just how PAX works. As soon as you put an Exploration on a blank, new Excel, it will get created and it serves a purpose. Don't try to change the way the product works.

Rather, go to Options, and on the IBM tab tick the clear cache on save checkbox if what you'd indeed like to do is save the workbook with a clean cache.

Or did I misunderstand what you are after?
kavitha2002
Community Contributor

Post by kavitha2002 »

Rather, go to Options, and on the IBM tab tick the clear cache on save checkbox if what you'd indeed like to do is save the workbook with a clean cache.
I have tried above option and Automation CognosOfficeAutomationObject.ClearCache(), but none removed the Cognos_Office_Connection_Cache. I open the active reports in tm1 pax, afterwards the reports are saved with Cognos_Office_Connection_Cache worksheet.

Problem is I am using the same reports in both Tm1 perpectives and Tm1 pax.

While working with pax its ok to have Cognos_Office_Connection_Cache, but after closing the report also it stays back.:(
daniel.havassy
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics Local
Version: 2.0.4
Excel Version: 2016

Post by daniel.havassy »

Hi!
Like I wrote in my previous reply,
This is just how PAX works. As soon as you put an Exploration on a blank, new Excel, it will get created and it serves a purpose. Don't try to change the way the product works.
When you clear the cache, You won't get rid of the sheet, but rather the contents of the sheet are going to disappear. Is there a reason why you't completely delete the cache sheet out?
kavitha2002
Community Contributor

Post by kavitha2002 »

Hi @daniel.havassy

Its been long time I was not connected with.
Is there a reason why you't completely delete the cache sheet out?
I heard from IBM, that this cognos_connection_cache sheet is completely relevant to Cognos BI, moreover in my application we always take the first worksheet for manipulation when cognos_connection_cache sheet lies first then process will be failed.

Now am loading the excel without loading the "IBM Cognos Office Reportsing BI Addin", then found no cognos_connection_cache sheet..