High Availability TM1 Web configuration - with WebSphere

daniel.havassy
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics Local
Version: 2.0.4
Excel Version: 2016

High Availability TM1 Web configuration - with WebSphere

Post by daniel.havassy »

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to build a High Availability cluster of TM1 web servers. I'm at a planning phase right now, collecting information.

I have found this tech note with configuration steps:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21671642

However, it was written for Apache Tomcat. In case anyone has given this a try with the WLP web servers, I'd be interested to hear about your experience. What would be the differences for a WebSphere configuration?

Many thanks in advance.
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Re: High Availability TM1 Web configuration - with WebSphere

Post by Paul Segal »

You might want to get in contact with Azizi Soufiane, who wrote this: https://www.eiseverywhere.com/file_uplo ... eAzizi.pdf
Paul
daniel.havassy
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics Local
Version: 2.0.4
Excel Version: 2016

Re: High Availability TM1 Web configuration - with WebSphere

Post by daniel.havassy »

Hi Paul,

thanks for the tip. I did get in touch with Soufiane, as you suggested. It looks like one just needs to follow the instructions of section 1 of the tech note I linked in the original post, and then make sure that the session stickiness is enabled in the load-balancer. Then, apparently one can simply install the web tier from the PA install package on 2 or more VMs and configure the load-balancer to point to those VMs. This means no additional configuration file changes on the TM1 web side would be necessary. After the configuration is done, just need to provide the end users with the load-balancer host name or IP address.

I'll start playing around with this next week and will post any updates to this thread, maybe it can be helpful for others as well.