Monthly forecast phasing

bunkersoldier
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Monthly forecast phasing

Post by bunkersoldier »

Hi guru's

I have a model whereby I have product data by month. I also have a phasing cube that has %'s for month 1, month 2, .....
Is it possible to write a rule that will take the monthly figure and phase it over the coming months according to the %'s without referring directly to the month element?
ie data for September will be phased over October, November and December. October data will be phased over November, December and January. This will in turn give me a phased value for November that will include a portion of September and October.

Thanks in advance for any help
John
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Monthly forecast phasing

Post by lotsaram »

The answer to your question is "Yes".

If you want more than that then you're going to need to read and adhere to the request for assistance guidelines and provide a proper description. Until you do that the best anyone can do is point out that you will need some attributes in your time dimension like "next period" and "last period".
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
paulsimon
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Monthly forecast phasing

Post by paulsimon »

Hi

Sorry but I am with Lotsaram on this. You need to provide more information on what you are trying to do eg cubes and dimension elements. It is certainly possible.

If I understand you correctly, this seems to be a rather unusual phasing requirement. It would be more usual to forecast a full year figure and subtract Actuals YTD from this and then phase the remainder over the remaining months of the year. If you want to apply percentages to how this is split, then I would probably total the percentages for the remaining months, and divide each percentage by the total of the remaining percentages for the year, and then multiply the remaining forecast by this.

The approach take by our users is to provide a full year forecast and select an equal profile over the remaining months of the year, and on the few cases where they need a specific phasing because the amount is (a) large and (b) the phasing differs significantly from an equal spread, then they enter the values into the remaining months of the year.

Regards

Paul Simon