PAW asset migration

fkram
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2010

PAW asset migration

Post by fkram »

Dear all,

Would anyone know how to let a source server discover a target server in PAW local? I am trying to migrate assets from server A to server B. Life Cycle Management console does not show server B as a target and I have not been able to find which configuration setting needs to be modified to let that happen. Servers reside on different VMs. OP is Windows Server 2016.

Much obliged,

Fkram
aish123
OLAP Product: Tm1, Cognos
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel 2013

Re: PAW asset migration

Post by aish123 »

@fkram

Did you find a solution for this? .I am facing the same issue
Is it possible to migrate only in PAW cloud?
we can export and import in PA local, however
fkram
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2010

Post by fkram »

IBM confirmed that is currently impossible to do server to server on local, unfortunately. Might become available in later releases. I had to go with the import / export option, just as you did.

Regards
WWJoyce
Version: 8.4.5
Excel Version: 2003

Post by WWJoyce »

Hi,sorry,can I please confirm something:on local, the import/export option also doesn't help me if I want to migrate a book created in Dev to Prod? i.e. I have a Dev and Prod TM1 instance on the same server. I only see "Default" as a Target environment and if I migrate using default, the views are all still pointing to the Dev instance. Is there a way in local to migrate the book in order for the views to point to the Prod instance without having to do it manually?
thomaskday
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics Local
Version: PA2 Local 2.0910, PAW 2.074
Excel Version: 2016 and 365

Post by thomaskday »

Hi fkram

We finally figured out how to to get the lifecycle management to work properly on local and successfully migrate content. We have 2 TM1 servers (Non Prod and Prod) and 2 PAW servers (PAW Non Prod and PAW Prod) and running 3 TM1 services (traditional xxx_DEV, xxx_TEST and xxx_PROD).

We had all sorts of grief migrating the PAW content from DEV to PROD. No matter how we tried the PAW content was continually pointing to xxx_DEV. We thought DEV to TEST (on Non PROD) was working fine only to discover the content store was sourcing from xxx_DEV rather than xxx_TEST (not good). The issue came to a head when moving between PAW Non Prod to PAW Prod.

We would RDC to PAW Non Prod, launch browser, authenticate to lifecycle management and export, then RDC to PAW Prod and import, as well as ensuring all websheets were also updated and pointing to xxx_PROD (bounce of the instance to update }externals).

Surprise... there is a bug! We found that if you RDC to TM1 Non PROD server (rather than PAW Non Prod), launch browser to PAW Non Prod, authenticate to lifecycle management and export, then same to PROD and import (still on TM1 server) we could successfully migrate content store and repoint from xxx_DEV to xxx_PROD.

FYI we are running TM1 Server 2.06/2.07 and PAW 2.043/2.045 on Windows Server 2016 (VM's). We are not live in production with PAX/PAW yet (expecting a very long closed testing cycle). We are live with Perspectives in PROD.

Hope this helps.