Patrick Gr
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Feeders: rule based on constant values

Post by Patrick Gr »

Hello community,

On my cube, I have a rule line that contains

['displayElement']=N:IF(ELISANC('product', !Activity , !Product )=1, 0.0000001 ,0);

Can you guys help me in feeding this line of the rule ? this rule is based on constant value. I can give more information if needed.
Thanks in advance for your collaboration!
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Feeders: rule based on constant values

Post by jim wood »

Normally you've got 3 options with this:

1) Don't feed it
2) Feed with with an element constant (an example that's not related may be price)
3) Variable feed from the constant, which may be an issue if your variable is constantly changing

You may want to also look at making the element a consolidation of something related. That would avoid the need for a feeder at all but it just doesn't look very pretty,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Duncan P
MVP
Version: 9.5.2 10.1 10.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by Duncan P »

I presume you are building the product dimension with a TI. This is setting the parent(s) for each "activity" in the product dimension. Can the data tab of the TI not just set the appropriate cell values (having cleared ['displayElement'] with a view)?

Rules are good for the dynamic things. This is setting values based on hierarchy structure which is not dynamic.

Or have I missed some new development in the 5 years I've been out of the game?
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

As Duncan said, if you are trying to flag valid intersections (maybe for some kind of data entry form where the rows in the input space are zero and there is nothing to drive to suppression) then do this in a TI process and populate the intersection directly. This could be chained with whatever mechanism you are using to maintain your product structure.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk