kavitha2002
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.3.10100.8
Excel Version: 14

Tm1 Pax Reports shows #WERT!

Post by kavitha2002 »

Hello Everyone,

When I open the reports, its show data in some cells and some cell has #WERT? What could be the problem.

Connection is alive with Tm1 Server.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Tm1 Pax Reports shows #WERT!

Post by Alan Kirk »

kavitha2002 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:59 pm When I open the reports, its show data in some cells and some cell has #WERT? What could be the problem.

Connection is alive with Tm1 Server.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
As they say in the classics:
#WERT! ist Excels Art des Mitteilens "Irgendetwas stimmt nicht mit der eingegebenen Formel. Oder es liegt irgendein Fehler mit den Zellen vor, auf die Sie verweisen." Der jeweilige Fehler ist sehr allgemein, und es kann schwierig sein, die genaue Ursache des Fehlers zu finden. Die Informationen auf dieser Seite erläutern übliche Probleme und Lösungen für den Fehler. Möglicherweise müssen Sie es mit mehreren Lösungen versuchen, um einen bestimmten Fehler zu beheben.
Or, with a little help from Google Translate since mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut
#VALUE! (or #WERT in bratwurst-speak, mmmmm, braaaatwurst) is Excel's way of communicating "Something's wrong with the formula you've entered, or there's some mistake with the cells you refer to." The particular error is very general and it can be difficult to find the exact cause of the error. The information on this page explains common problems and solutions to the error. You may need to try several solutions to resolve a specific error.
I'd probably start by looking at the functions in the cell and where their arguments trace from.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
kavitha2002
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.3.10100.8
Excel Version: 14

Post by kavitha2002 »

Hi @Alan Kirk,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I have installed Tm1 2.0.5 version recently .The reports which was working in older version of TM1 Perspectives is giving #value? in Tm1 Pax for some reports.

Thanks for the Deutsch Translation. But I am not that good at Deutsch.

Do have another question, 2.0.5 doesnt provide any support to marcos likes N_CONNECT, N_DISCONNECT etc. But I would like to convert our project to support pax as well. So using Logon and Logoff API methods, after importing cognosofficeAutomationExample.bas and .cls file in VBA from vb.net.

What is your suggestion on this, What could be the best way to implement pax via Vb.net.

Kindly throw some light on this.

Thanks..
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

kavitha2002 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:35 pm Hi @Alan Kirk,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I have installed Tm1 2.0.5 version recently .The reports which was working in older version of TM1 Perspectives is giving #value? in Tm1 Pax for some reports.
Not having had the questionable pleasure of using PAx hands on I cannot say for certain, but I rather doubt that every piece of Perspectives functionality will be supported in the same way in PAX. In fact, I would say it's a pretty much certain. Changing to a completely new client environment is not something you can trust to be a "run it and it works" experience.
kavitha2002 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:35 pmThanks for the Deutsch Translation. But I am not that good at Deutsch.
Well I'd suggest that somebody must be, because wherever you are seeing that the language being used by Excel is obviously German, as per the references that I pointed you to. #WERT isn't going to appear in an English language version of the product, #Value will. Regardless of whether it's the German, Russian, Klingon or any other version of Excel, the solution is still the same; trace the formula back to its root and find out where the problem is.
kavitha2002 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:35 pm Do have another question, 2.0.5 doesnt provide any support to marcos likes N_CONNECT, N_DISCONNECT etc. But I would like to convert our project to support pax as well. So using Logon and Logoff API methods, after importing cognosofficeAutomationExample.bas and .cls file in VBA from vb.net.

What is your suggestion on this, What could be the best way to implement pax via Vb.net.

Kindly throw some light on this.
I'd suggest that you create a new question with an appropriate title for that one. Anyone who may have already looked down that path (I haven't) isn't likely to see the question under a heading like this one's.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.