Aggregations in Rows and Columns do not work

tomasfel
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Aggregations in Rows and Columns do not work

Post by tomasfel »

Hi,
we came accross a interesting issue on TM1 Production environment after creating view for one particular cube. After these modelling changes all of the views of this cube do not aggregate consolidations on rows and columns, while in the context consolidations work fine.
This behaviour appears dynamically, so swapping dimensions results in not-working consolidations of the dimensions on rows and columns that are shown at the time.
This issue happens only in TM1 Architect and TM1 Contributor. In PAW, TM1 Web and Porformance Modeler everything works just fine.

After showing aggregations in any of the working clients, TM1 Architect and Contributor shows the consolidations only for those particular cells.

We have tried restarting Web server without any progress. The only thing that works is restarting the instance, but the issue appears again after cca 3 hours of no activity on the server...
We have also tried to replace the data folder and to recreate the TM1 Application the cube is used in - again no progress.
When moving the data folder into another instance, everything works fine and no problem appears.

Do you have any suggestions about what might be causing this problem or how to resolve it?
Attachments
Not aggregating values.jpg
Not aggregating values.jpg (92.62 KiB) Viewed 3462 times
Willi
Regular Participant
Version: 9.5.2

Re: Aggregations in Rows and Columns do not work

Post by Willi »

This looks for me like an issue with Feeders. The cells are probably not feeded!?
macsir
MVP
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by macsir »

Do you have 0 weighting on dimensions?
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/
tomasfel

Post by tomasfel »

Hi, thanks for the suggestions - feeders are correct as in context there are consolidated elements. Weighting is set to 1 on all the elements. The stated behaviour is dynamic - when swapping dimensions from context to rows, consolidations do not work on that particular subset used in rows and columns...
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi,

To summarise what you are saying in your post.

"When I look at particular consolidations on rows and columns , they display as zeros. When I look at the same elements as context / page / header references I get the results I expect. I only see this in the Cube Viewer in Architect or TM1 Web(?)

Restarting clears the issue for a bit"

I don't recognise the term TM1 Contributor, I think you mean the cube viewer in TM1 Web, this seems to be what is in your screen shot.

If we assume this is not a bug I would be looking very hard at the rules for the cube, in particular C level rules and Consolidate Children functions both of which can make the results unusual...
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
tomasfel

Post by tomasfel »

Hi I managed to find out what caused the issue, even though I do not know why it caused it:
In tm1s.cfg there has been specified parameter ViewConsolidationOptimization=F (default =T), to optimize the performance when loading the views.

From official IBM documentation:
View consolidation optimization stores the consolidated values that use leaf element components on either the row or column axis. For example, consider the dimension structure Year, 1Quarter with values Jan, Feb, and Mar.

Although this parameter should be changing only optimization, it (when something goes wrong) stops the consolidation when openning the view...

Tomas
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Good catch, thanks !
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024