TI Problem

Jorge Rachid
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

TI Problem

Post by Jorge Rachid »

Hi guys,

I am facing a huge problem on my model on TM1. Everything was ok until last friday but today after I tried to run some process it stopped working. When I run some process that run anothers it is aborted and I can't see anything on logfiles of what is going on.

Perhaps could be something related to "stack overflow". But the model last friday was working correctly, and suddenly it stopped.

Someone have already seen something like this?

I deleted all feeders file so tm1 could create then again, but it is the same. When I run these process one by one it works fine. The problem is when I run a process that run anothers.

Could anyone please help me?

Tks,
JR.
paulsimon
MVP
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Re: TI Problem

Post by paulsimon »

Hi Jorge

What do you mean by log file? Do you mean a TM1ProcessError log file? The other thing to check is the TM1Server.log. That may show that perhaps the number or type of parameters in a process have changed or a process name has changed and that is why it is failing since the call to execute that process has not been updated. At the very least it should help you to narrow down which process in the chain of A calls B calls C, etc, is failing

Regards

Paul Simon
Jorge Rachid

Post by Jorge Rachid »

Hi Paul,

I have this process here that runs ok:
img1.JPG
img1.JPG (37.25 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
Then I run another process that calls the first one with the same parameters and the process is aborted:
img2.JPG
img2.JPG (73.52 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
This is very crazy and I could not understand what is happening.

Thank you.

JR
paulsimon wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:26 pm Hi Jorge

What do you mean by log file? Do you mean a TM1ProcessError log file? The other thing to check is the TM1Server.log. That may show that perhaps the number or type of parameters in a process have changed or a process name has changed and that is why it is failing since the call to execute that process has not been updated. At the very least it should help you to narrow down which process in the chain of A calls B calls C, etc, is failing

Regards

Paul Simon
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

When you run a process via ExecuteProcess, the syntax is normally ExecuteProcess(Param1Name, Param1Value, Param2Name, Param2Value...ParamXName, ParamXValue).

Your code is ExecuteProcess(Param1Value, Param2Value). You are not passing the name of the parameter. If you look at your error message screenshot it is telling you exactly that. Try changing it to:

Code: Select all

ExecuteProcess('fluxo_caixa_copia_premissas_antecipacao', 'pPeriodoOrigem', pPeriodoOrigem, 'pPeriodoDestino', pPeriodoDestino);
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Jorge Rachid

Post by Jorge Rachid »

Hi!

You are right, I forgot this important detail on execute process.

Sorry about that and thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

JR.
tomok wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:19 pm When you run a process via ExecuteProcess, the syntax is normally ExecuteProcess(Param1Name, Param1Value, Param2Name, Param2Value...ParamXName, ParamXValue).

Your code is ExecuteProcess(Param1Value, Param2Value). You are not passing the name of the parameter. If you look at your error message screenshot it is telling you exactly that. Try changing it to:

Code: Select all

ExecuteProcess('fluxo_caixa_copia_premissas_antecipacao', 'pPeriodoOrigem', pPeriodoOrigem, 'pPeriodoDestino', pPeriodoDestino);