Web Dashboards via REST API

jv_oz
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.2
Excel Version: 2016 64 bit

Web Dashboards via REST API

Post by jv_oz »

Hi Everyone,

I want to create a web and phone-based application that uses TM1 as the engine and is presented using schmick browser and app dashboards. I need to have write-back available to the TM1 server.

I get the TM1 side and will use the REST API to get to the data. I am then thinking of using some D3 (or similar) visualisations in the dashboards. I am looking for ideas on how to develop the front end and apps so I have a consistent look and feel, noting the need for write-back. I am happy to buy development tools, but do not want to buy a user based presentation tool.

Any thoughts folks?

Thanks

John
Sighurd
Version: 10.2.2fp6
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Web Dashboards via REST API

Post by Sighurd »

If I understand your idea correctly, then Cubewise thinks it's a great idea, and they developed a thing called 'Canvas'. Of course it is not freely available, so if you create smth similar and free, you'll make a lot of people happy.
jv_oz

Post by jv_oz »

Hello @sighurd, well yes and probably more, no. This will not be an end user tool, it will be coded fixed dashboards as the front end of a web based application.
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

Why not just use PAW?
jv_oz

Post by jv_oz »

I thought of that @DavidUsherwood, but PAW won't give the fine granular control I need to create the web pages or apps. Thanks for the thoughts though!
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

Since what you will be doing is agnostic as to the data source I'm sure there are plenty of dashboarding toolkits that can deal with data in JSON format. Have you tried Googling that? If you are somewhat ambitious and have some web development experience there is always jQuery and jQueryMobile. Although those aren't specifically for dashboarding there are tons of third party add-ons that do it.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/