Unable to deploy application in performance modaller

amit_hhh
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2, 11
Excel Version: Excel2010

Unable to deploy application in performance modaller

Post by amit_hhh »

Hi All,

There is an issue I am facing with the PM. When trying to deploy or validate one application, I get the error 'A different approval dimension 'Dimension A' is used in a Shared cube 'cube A' in application 'Application A.'

Actually there are 2 applications e.g. A & B which use different approval dimensions let's say A & B. The issue is coming in validating or deploying application B. There are cube views in both A & B with different names using the same cube e.g. cube A.
I have been suggested to use control dimension, but don't know how to use and how it will fix the issue. This is an already designed system, and I need to work on fixing this thing. The ongoing workaround to deploy this application B is that there is a flag in }tp_application_cube for application A for cube A, when we remove that flag as Y and deploy it, it works.
I hope I am able to make the scenario clear and looking forward for solution.

-Amit
Regards,
Amit Saxena
India
babytiger
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1, EP, Analyst
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Re: Unable to deploy application in performance modaller

Post by babytiger »

Using a shared cube for multiple application is fine for PM, provided that the same cell (in the shared cube) is only writable in one application. Hence the suggestion of using a Control Dimension, such as Version.

I don't know how you've structured your applications, app A & B. So I am using a scenario that has worked for me in the past.

I have 3 applications that share the same data input cube. One of the dimension for this cube is Version {contains, Actual, Forecast, Budget, Draft].
All 3 applications have access to all 4 versions, but each application can only write to 1 version:
app A, [Actual=Read, Forecast=WRITE, Budget=Read, Draft=Read]
app B, [Actual=Read, Forecast=Read, Budget=WRITE, Draft=Read]
app C, [Actual=Read, Forecast=Read, Budget=Read, Draft=WRITE]

And they all shared the same approved dimension and subset.

The settings for above are done through Control Dimension in PM, for each app.

Hope the above explains how the Control Dimension is used.
MK
amit_hhh
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2, 11
Excel Version: Excel2010

Re: Unable to deploy application in performance modaller

Post by amit_hhh »

Thanks babytiger for your reply!
But in my case the issue is due to having different approval hierarchy dimension in both the applications and cube is shared in the 2 applications with different views.
I think that is the crux of the issue.
Will control dimension work in this case also?
Regards,
Amit Saxena
India