Exploration --> Dynamic Makes Excel Crash

wheeler6
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2 Fix Pack 5
Excel Version: 2010 32 bit

Exploration --> Dynamic Makes Excel Crash

Post by wheeler6 »

I am running PA 2.0.4 with PAx version 33 on Windows 2016 Server with 64 bit 2016 Excel.

When I convert an Exploration view to a Dynamic Report (or even just right click the view for dynamic report), Excel will have the memory spike and I have to open task manager and end the task. This doesn't happen with every few, but seems to happen with bigger cubes. My cube view however, is quite filtered and small (i.e. filtering on mostly leaf level items having less than 50 rows and less than 12 columns) but having 3-4 nested dimensions in the rows.

It is extremely painful trying to create reports as I literally can't with this issue and have revert back to Perspectives.

I also have similar issues when opening Perspectives Active Forms within PAx where when I hit rebuild, the memory will just spike and I will have to end the task.

Any ideas? I tried going to the latest PAx (35) on an other server and still have same issues. IBM Support has been about zero help with this issue, while this seems pretty crital putting a sour taste in my mouth with PAx.
wheeler6
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2 Fix Pack 5
Excel Version: 2010 32 bit

Re: Exploration --> Dynamic Makes Excel Crash

Post by wheeler6 »

UPDATE: PAx Fix Pack 35 resolved this issue with ONE client; however, I can still replicate this issue with an other.