TM1 Rule Editor

Mithun.Mistry1103
OLAP Product: cognos
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

TM1 Rule Editor

Post by Mithun.Mistry1103 »

Hello

Just a quick one. I have just started to 10.2.2, originally using 10.2.1 and come across a cube rule file that has 500+ lines of code.

The issue I am getting is everytime I type in the rule file for that cube, I type but there is a slow response displaying what I type. I look at another cube and that seems fine.

How can I resolve that issue?

I was going to go into the ini file and see if I can do something there with the advanced editor paramenter, not that it would do anything in terms of version, but i had hoped it would give the rule editor a kick. But I dont have access to the ini file. So then what can I do? What could be the cause of such performance?

Thank you

ADMIN : Please post in the correct forum, this is not an enhancement request...
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: TM1 Rule Editor

Post by Wim Gielis »

What client do you use ? Architect/Perspectives - Performance Modeler - PAW ?

Is it the advanced rules editor ? Haven't used that in a long time so I don't know it's still in use.

What about copying rules to Notepad++ and copying back to the rules editor when you're done ? You can have color coding in Notepad++, autocomplete( to a certain extent), all the benefits of Notepad++ itself, ...
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
Mithun.Mistry1103
OLAP Product: cognos
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Re: TM1 Rule Editor

Post by Mithun.Mistry1103 »

Hello Sir.

We currently use Performance modeller for development.

Thank you for that suggestion. We will try copying to notepad and back and see if it occurs again. It wont be the advanced rule editor as I have read somewhere the advanced rule editor is not working in 10.2.2. ( unless its a different case now, not sure), just recently started using 10.2.2)

Thank you Wim