Older Perspectives, Newer Server - Specifically 10.2.2 and 2.04

TJMurphy
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.6 Local
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Older Perspectives, Newer Server - Specifically 10.2.2 and 2.04

Post by TJMurphy »

Hi all
I know this has come up a number of times so I've done the usual stuff (set ClientVersionMinimum and Support older TLS client setting) but has anyone got this combination working ...

We're trying to get older clients (10.2.2 FP5) working with a newer server (Planning Analytics 2.0.4).

The reason for the clients' staying older is there's another system that is not being upgraded that they need to maintain access to. Upgrading that system is not feasible (too many users impacted mainly).

Based on my experiments (with both versions installed on my PC) I can't connect to the newer server with the older client (or older server with new client which I'd expect) and I have to run a script (as administrator) to (re) register three TM1 controls when switching between versions. This might be acceptable for our admin users but not for the general population.

Am I missing something or is the version difference too big here? Previously 9.5 clients and 10.2 servers could co-exist so numerically it's about the same distance :)
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Re: Older Perspectives, Newer Server - Specifically 10.2.2 and 2.04

Post by Paul Segal »

Paul
TJMurphy
Version: PA 2.0.6 Local
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Re: Older Perspectives, Newer Server - Specifically 10.2.2 and 2.04

Post by TJMurphy »

Thank you Paul, my searching hadn't turned that one up - my bad.