MDX Not Expanding Properly

Thurston Howell III
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.8
Excel Version: 2016

MDX Not Expanding Properly

Post by Thurston Howell III »

Hi All,

I have an MDX in an active form that is supposed to expand all elements within a dimension that have two particular attributes. With the exception of a few elements, they should generally belong to one sub-hierarchy (O&M - MB) under the main hierarchy (Consolidated EBITDA). Instead only parts of the O&M - MB sub-hierarchy are expanding and various rollups that belong to it are showing up down below and expanding. It still gives me everything I want within the rollup, but for an active form report it looks like my totals are off because of how it expands.

What's strange is that this MDX works for other rollups with similar attributes under this hierarchy in this dimension. Below are screenshots of how it is expanding with the MDX and the children consolidations that are actually below O&M - MB.

Code: Select all

[{FILTER({FILTER( {TM1DRILLDOWNMEMBER( { [bpmAccount].[Consolidated EBITDA] }, ALL, RECURSIVE ) }, LEFT([bpmAccount].[OM],1) = 'O')},[bpmAccount].[BudgetEntry] = 'Y')}/code]
Attachments
Rollup.PNG
Rollup.PNG (28.5 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
MDX result.PNG
MDX result.PNG (37.23 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
Thurston Howell III

Re: MDX Not Expanding Properly

Never mind, issue resolved!
PavoGa
MVP
Version: 10.2.2 FP7, PA2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 2013 PAW

Post by PavoGa »

Would you put your solution up?
Ty
Cleveland, TN
Thurston Howell III

It actually had to do with the attribute not being filled in for a single consolidation point where I was grabbing the elements below it, so it would show all the elements but break the hierarchy.