PA when running TI processes Kick out RDP

Darkhorse
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007 2010 2013

PA when running TI processes Kick out RDP

Post by Darkhorse »

Hi all,

I have built a TM1 system that truncates millions of records within a string of 12 TI Processes it works fine on a local machine but when i install it on a server when running the processes it kicks me off the RDP and then the server refuses me access and the IT team access so it has to be cold restarted.

sometimes it works perfectly sometimes it happens. I have no error messages coming up on PA logs but i see Quota issues in the Server logs, the IT team say this is a red herring because i do not have a quota on my account.

The CPU is only at 27% and never goes over, the Anti virus software excludes to the directory and the application and i have Audit logging turned off.

What am i missing as an area to review?

Any help would be greatly appreciated i seem to be going round in circles with the IT teams.
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: PA when running TI processes Kick out RDP

Post by David Usherwood »

Probably the issue is that the credentials under which the TM1 instance on the server is running do not have the same access as those on the local instance - remember it's the instance rather than the user who executes the TI which determines access.
But I have some wider questions - since TM1 as a multi dimensional database has no concept of records, where do these records reside of which you speak? An RDBMS? The file system? Or are you actually clearing content in one or more TM1 cubes, which is done by a single ViewZeroOut?
Edward Stuart
Community Contributor
Version: All
Excel Version: All

Post by Edward Stuart »

Is it possible to spin up another server to confirm the issue(s)?
sometimes it works perfectly sometimes it happens
Are there other programs/ services running on the server that could take resources away from TM1 during processing? Is it possible to shut down/ restrict all other services for the duration of some tests? As David has mentioned, what source are you accessing? Was/ is it local to your local machine? Are there network issues between TM1 and the source? Is the process still successful from the local TM1 instance?
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Post by Paul Segal »

Have you checked both memory and disk space availability on the server?
Paul
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Also the LockPagesInMemory parameter.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Darkhorse
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007 2010 2013

Post by Darkhorse »

Hi all

I have got LockPagesInMemory = T i will try turning this off to see if this is the cause, but as the help file says this wont really affect if the data is continuously accessed and while running a TI its being accessed alot.

This system works perfectly on a local machine my laptop for instance, never had a lock out or a crash (im not saying its perfect but not to this extent)
The system will run over a million records for 35 minutes completing some basic calcualtions and in that time something happens and on every odd 6th time the remote desktop link to the server hangs and refuses to connect. Tm1 continues to run and complete its task however windows refuses me access via the RDP again and locks out everyones access including IT's requiring it to be rebooted every time.

We have searched for log files issues and found none in TM1 but the Windows R2 keeps on pushing User Quota has been met (which i believe is why the previous poster said look at LockPagesinMemory) the IT team said my account has unlimited Quota and this isnt true. The Antivirus software does not include the application or the folder locations relating to Tm1. I have sat and monitored the CPU usage and ram usage before its kicked and found it to be at 27% CPU and only 45% Ram usage.

I've set the MTQ and the multi threaded parameters to only 2 of the possible 4 to see if this was an issue but it wasn't. I feel like i'm chasing my tail a bit with this, Never came across this issue before when it was just good ole TM1

has anyone else ever had problems like this ?
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Your symptoms sound very similar to what we have experienced that was solved by setting LockPagesInMemory=F. Hope this fixes it for you.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.