Empty rules file and sparsity alogrithm

BariAbdul
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: IBM TM1, Planning Analytics, P
Version: PAW 2.0.8
Excel Version: 2019

Empty rules file and sparsity alogrithm

Post by BariAbdul »

I have come across interesting comment " Even an empty rule file switches sparsity algorithm off?" and it is emphatically written as Yes.But on the similar vein when although feeders are written but skip check is forgotten, the feeders are ignored silently and rules are being evaluated for every cell. I am sorry ,to me it seems like apparent contradiction. Appreciate if Gurus can shed some valuable insights. Thanks.
"You Never Fail Until You Stop Trying......"
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Empty rules file and sparsity alogrithm

Post by tomok »

BariAbdul wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:27 pm I have come across interesting comment " Even an empty rule file switches sparsity algorithm off?" and it is emphatically written as Yes.But on the similar vein when although feeders are written but skip check is forgotten, the feeders are ignored silently and rules are being evaluated for every cell. I am sorry ,to me it seems like apparent contradiction. Appreciate if Gurus can shed some valuable insights. Thanks.
Where's the contradiction? If you have a rule that does not include

Code: Select all

SKIPCHECK;
then the sparcity alogorithm will be turned off, meaning every cell is going to be evaluated regardless of whatever else you put in the rules.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
BariAbdul
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: IBM TM1, Planning Analytics, P
Version: PAW 2.0.8
Excel Version: 2019

Post by BariAbdul »

Thanks Tomok. My bad ,I was thinking "even an empty rule file switches sparsity algorithm on". Thanks again for the clarification.
"You Never Fail Until You Stop Trying......"
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Post by Elessar »

This was removed in one of the (TM1 10.2.2 - PA 2.0) versions (I don't remember in which one). In PA 2.0, the empty rule does not turn off the sparsity algorithm
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.