Error on view creation

Jorge Rachid
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

Error on view creation

Post by Jorge Rachid »

Hi guys,

I am trying to create a new view of a cube in Performance Modeler (I would like to do this on Architect, but on the customer I can't use Architect on PRD environment because of restrictons of firewall and etc), and I can just set up few dimension on the rows, but after a while I got this error (attached).

Does anyone knows something about this?

Thanks in advance.

JR
Attachments
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (47.53 KiB) Viewed 3730 times
paulsimon
MVP
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Error on view creation

Post by paulsimon »

Hi

Sorry I cannot help you with Performance Modeler. I don't know anyone who uses it.

However, if you have a Production environment then presumably you have a Development environment and a mechanism for copying in changes from Development to Production. If you can use Architect in the Development environment, then create the view there, test it and promote it to production.

We use some batch files that shut down the prod service, take a backup, copy in files to be promoted such as .vue files, and then restart the prod service. The batch files are triggered overnight by a Scheduled Task. It is simple but effective and ensures that we always have a full backup before any changes are made. There is a bit more sophistication to this, such as the ability to run processes to complete any updates when the service is restarted but the essentials are the same. We are not a 24 hour operation so this is good enough for us.

Regards

Paul Simon
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

Or create the view in TM1 Web so you dont have to perform the migration.
Declan Rodger
Jorge Rachid

Post by Jorge Rachid »

Hi Paul.
Yes, I have a dev environment. I have created the view there on Architect, then I got the .vue file on datafiles folder and put it on datafiles of PRD environment. After that I stopped and started the service of sdata, but the view didnot appear on PRD.
Do you know where am I missing the point?
Please advise.
Thanks a lot,
JR
paulsimon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:59 pm Hi

Sorry I cannot help you with Performance Modeler. I don't know anyone who uses it.

However, if you have a Production environment then presumably you have a Development environment and a mechanism for copying in changes from Development to Production. If you can use Architect in the Development environment, then create the view there, test it and promote it to production.

We use some batch files that shut down the prod service, take a backup, copy in files to be promoted such as .vue files, and then restart the prod service. The batch files are triggered overnight by a Scheduled Task. It is simple but effective and ensures that we always have a full backup before any changes are made. There is a bit more sophistication to this, such as the ability to run processes to complete any updates when the service is restarted but the essentials are the same. We are not a 24 hour operation so this is good enough for us.

Regards

Paul Simon
Jorge Rachid

Post by Jorge Rachid »

Hi, i've tried that but I face the same problem. The type error is different, but didnot work too.
Thanks.
declanr wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:59 am Or create the view in TM1 Web so you dont have to perform the migration.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

I think there's something you're not telling us. Because your explanations do not really sound plausible.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

Jorge Rachid wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:25 pm Hi, i've tried that but I face the same problem. The type error is different, but didnot work too.
Thanks
What was the different error message that it gave you?

When you tried Pauls idea to copy from your dev environment, did you only copy the vue file? If the vue relied on subsets that didnt exist in prod you would need to copy those over as well.
Declan Rodger
Jorge Rachid

Post by Jorge Rachid »

I'm trying to generate the same view on tm1web to show the error.

I only copied the vue file. I've checked the view on dev and many of dimension of the cube aren't set with subsets. There is any problem with this?

If it is, it might not working because of that.

As soon as I get the error I'll post here.

Tks,

JR.
declanr wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:00 pm
Jorge Rachid wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:25 pm Hi, i've tried that but I face the same problem. The type error is different, but didnot work too.
Thanks
What was the different error message that it gave you?

When you tried Pauls idea to copy from your dev environment, did you only copy the vue file? If the vue relied on subsets that didnt exist in prod you would need to copy those over as well.