Filtering Organizational Hierarchy Dimension using User logon

buddha
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2016

Filtering Organizational Hierarchy Dimension using User logon

Post by buddha »

Hi Everyone,

New to TM1Forum, Thought of getting some help here :).
Our organization started with TM1 couple of years back, most of the work was done by outside consultants(my knowledge of TM1 is basic).
coming to the reason for my post.

We have a pay budget template, where security is implemented at department level

Ex:

Lets say A, B C are the budgeters
and we have Deps: 30, 40, 50, 60, 70

if Employee "A" has their reportees in DEP 30, 40, 50, they can only view that department employees.

if Employee "B" has their reportees to in DEP 40, 50, 70 they can only view that department employees.

But the problem here is that Employee A & B can have their reportees in the same department and they are able to view data of employees who are not their reportees.

We wanted budgeters to see data related to their reportees only.

for that i created an organizational hierarchy dimension and thought of filtering employees from the departments based on that.

I am not able to figure out how to filter the organizational hierarchy based on the budgeter signon and how to map that to the existing template.

If you need more info, please let me know.

Thanks
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Re: Filtering Organizational Hierarchy Dimension using User logon

Post by qml »

First of all, security in TM1 is done via groups. So create group A for user A and group B for user B and assign users accordingly. Create alternate hierarchies in the organizational dimension and using element security restrict group A and group B to their appropriate hierarchies. The template will most likely need to be an Active Form (your profile says you're on version 10.2, so I will assume you're using Perspectives or TM1Web) to dynamically present each user with their own hierarchy (e.g. you can use an MDX function tm1subsetall and element security will do the rest).

Now, there are some more 'advanced' techniques to achieve personalised consolidations with the use of TM1USER(), some additional attributes, dynamic subsets within DBRW formulas etc, but in this case the traditional approach seems best.
Kamil Arendt
buddha
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Filtering Organizational Hierarchy Dimension using User logon

Post by buddha »

Thanks qml,

this should get me started in the right direction, was going through product documentation to figure it out.
yes we are using TM1 web and perspectives.