How to generating a text file using Control cube?

Post Reply
lax9
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:51 pm
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

How to generating a text file using Control cube?

Post by lax9 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi All,
Can anyone help me is writing a TI code which generates a text file using }ClientGroups Control cube as a source. Basically we are looking to generate a text file that should contain the usernames(40 character length) and roles(40 character length) to provide for the Audit team.

Thanks

Wim Gielis
MVP
Posts: 1669
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:26 pm
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PAL 2.0
Excel Version: 2016
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Contact:

Re: How to generating a text file using Control cube?

Post by Wim Gielis » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Hello,

Is this a recurring task ?
I would advise to create an Active form, with clients and groups in the rows, zero-suppressed.
This will give you the list, which can be "saved as" with a text file format if needed.

A TI process is also possible.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
http://www.wimgielis.com ==> 105 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Looping over input files

User avatar
tomok
MVP
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:39 pm
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: How to generating a text file using Control cube?

Post by tomok » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:37 pm

Nobody is going to write your code for you. Basically you create a TI process and select Cube as the data source and then you select default as the view. Then in the data tab you use the TI function ASCIIOUTPUT to write what is in the Value field from the view to a text file. It's pretty simple. An even simpler option is to just right click on the }ClientGroups cube and choose Export as Text Data, then Export.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/

lotsaram
MVP
Posts: 3054
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:14 am
OLAP Product: TM1, CX
Version: TM1 10.2.2 PA 2.0x
Excel Version: 2010 2013 365
Location: Switzerland

Re: How to generating a text file using Control cube?

Post by lotsaram » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:41 pm

lax9 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:43 pm
Hi All,
Can anyone help me is writing a TI code which generates a text file using }ClientGroups Control cube as a source. Basically we are looking to generate a text file that should contain the usernames(40 character length) and roles(40 character length) to provide for the Audit team.

Thanks
You do realize this is just the tip of the iceberg don't you?
A list of members per group doesn't really tell you much. If this is needed for an audit you also need to know what rights the groups confer on the users, and then whether the conferred rights are as per the specifications.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.

lax9
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:51 pm
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

Re: How to generating a text file using Control cube?

Post by lax9 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Wim Gielis wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:32 pm
Hello,

Is this a recurring task ?
I would advise to create an Active form, with clients and groups in the rows, zero-suppressed.
This will give you the list, which can be "saved as" with a text file format if needed.

A TI process is also possible.
Thanks Wim.

lax9
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:51 pm
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

Re: How to generating a text file using Control cube?

Post by lax9 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:46 pm

lotsaram wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:41 pm
lax9 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:43 pm
Hi All,
Can anyone help me is writing a TI code which generates a text file using }ClientGroups Control cube as a source. Basically we are looking to generate a text file that should contain the usernames(40 character length) and roles(40 character length) to provide for the Audit team.

Thanks
You do realize this is just the tip of the iceberg don't you?
A list of members per group doesn't really tell you much. If this is needed for an audit you also need to know what rights the groups confer on the users, and then whether the conferred rights are as per the specifications.
Yeah, i do know that it is a tip of iceburg. I am in the process of learning the TM1 code and looking for some help. '
Thanks for your suggestion.

lax9
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:51 pm
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

Re: How to generating a text file using Control cube?

Post by lax9 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:04 pm

Wim Gielis wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:32 pm
Hello,

Is this a recurring task ?
I would advise to create an Active form, with clients and groups in the rows, zero-suppressed.
This will give you the list, which can be "saved as" with a text file format if needed.

A TI process is also possible.
Yes this is recurring task. we need to generate a CSV file with all TM1 accounts(clients) periodically using a TI process.
Can you suggest which method is recommended ? Active form or TI? Please do let me know. Thank you!

Post Reply