Exporting TM1 data in multiple sheet of workbook

vishalpoddar90
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.76
Excel Version: 365

Exporting TM1 data in multiple sheet of workbook

Post by vishalpoddar90 »

Dear All,

Can we export TM1 cube data to different sheets of same excel workbook?
tm123
OLAP Product: tm1, cognos bi
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Exporting TM1 data in multiple sheet of workbook

Post by tm123 »

I think you can create an ODBC connection that points to an Excel SPreadsheet, and then you have to use ODBCOutput to write data do specific Excel Tabs. I have not tried this but I have tried using Excel as ODBC data source for other reasons and it works
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Exporting TM1 data in multiple sheet of workbook

Post by tomok »

I think before anyone can give you an answer we need to know what exactly it is you are trying to accomplish.

If you are trying to export from a cube, like just dump cube contents into a tab in Excel you are out of luck for the most part. Using ODBC inside a TI process to export from a cube to an Exel spreadsheet has a number of "issues". First off, I''m not certain that the ODBC driver for Exel allows WRITE, I think it is only READ. Even if it does allow right, TI's operate in the context of the server so the Excel workbook would have to be in a location the server has access to and it would have to be set up as an ODBC data source on the server. It's not really a good option.

If you want to export a targeted selection of data I would create a view of what you want and slice it out to a view in the workbook as a "Report". You could then use the Print Report functionality in Perspectives to write the "report", which could be range-valued data, to cycle through dimensions and write to different tabs.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/