Dimension is not available in TM1Web

AskAndAnswer
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0...
Excel Version: 2016

Dimension is not available in TM1Web

Post by AskAndAnswer »

Hello,

I am trying to populate an updated active form, and I cannot open a newly created dimension. Here are the details:

I rebuilt one of the cubes and added a new dimension to it. There was an active form populated in TM1Web that was pointing to this cube. When the cube structure changed, I had to update an active form to add a new dimension drop-down to it. I am using a simple SUBNM in the drop-down, it works in Perspectives, but when I populate an updated active form to web and open it, I don't see any elements in the drop-down. When I click on it, I get a message "Cannot find a dimension".

The dimension is available in the views that can be accessed from TM1 web. I also tried to create a new active form and populate it, the dimension is available there, so it looks like the issue only applies to the existing active forms that previously pointed to an old cube that did not have this dimension.

How do I make the old active forms work? Recreating them will be a huge effort.

Thank you.
Thurston Howell III
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.8
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Dimension is not available in TM1Web

Post by Thurston Howell III »

Is your SUBNM referring to a view in the old dimension that no longer exists?
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Dimension is not available in TM1Web

Post by tomok »

AskAndAnswer wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:02 pm so it looks like the issue only applies to the existing active forms that previously pointed to an old cube that did not have this dimension.
What steps did you perform to update the active form to use the newly created cube with an extra dimension? If the new dimension is on the rows did you create a new column and add the appropriate TM1RPTROW formula? If the new dimension is in the Title section did you add it to the TM1RPTVIEW formula?
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/