HierarchyProperties

Jorge Rachid
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

HierarchyProperties

Post by Jorge Rachid »

Hi everybody,

I am using TM1 with Cognos Analytics and something wrong is going on.

I read about the control cube }HierarchyProperties and I am aware that the name that appears on Cognos Analytics on hierarchy is the name that I put on levels of this cube for each dimension that exists on model.

The problem is that the name is changing on this control cube on TM1 and until I understand it only changes if I go there and do it.

Does everyone knows if this can happens if a run any kind of process or something?

And the problem of changing the name alone is that my dash on Cognos needs to be set again.

Thanks a lot,

JR
macsir
MVP
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: HierarchyProperties

Post by macsir »

According to my past experience, the level name you put there won't be changed. Not sure how it is changing in this version.
I know levels are useful to Cognos reports but I would prefer to use children function from the root element in Cognos reports to get there. In that way, your reports don't have to reply on this HierarchyProperties cube.
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/
paulsimon
MVP
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by paulsimon »

Hi

Is the problem possibly more related to alternate hierarchies in the TM1 dimension, which means that level naming can vary according to which alternate hierarchy you are viewing the element in?

Regards

Paul Simon
Jorge Rachid

Post by Jorge Rachid »

Hi Paul,

In my case, I have two dimensions with different names, but with the same elements.

And I wanna a specific name on hierachyproperties for one of these two dimensions, but the name is changing for this one that I don’t want, so I don’t know how to proceed.

But based on what I have read the name that I put on level on control cube is not a dimension, but just a name that shows up on Cognos Analytics.

Anyway, maybe I am missing something out.

Thanks!
paulsimon
MVP
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by paulsimon »

Hi Jorge

You are naming the level in the hierarchy within the dimension. The dimension is what you select in }Dimensions which is one of the dimensions of the }HierarchyProperties cube.

This level name will appear in Cognos Analytics previously known as Cognos BI.

Regards

Paul Simon
Jorge Rachid

Post by Jorge Rachid »

Hi Paul,

I understood what happened. I have a process running everynight with a different name that I want and it was using "refreshmdxhierarchy" on epilog.

Now I've changed it on process and hope to keep right.

Best regards,

Gabriel