Cannot connect to TM1web (no prompt)

moraledalx
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Cannot connect to TM1web (no prompt)

Post by moraledalx »

Hello,

I am experiencing a very strange behavior in TM1web.
Since one week a couple of users starting to notice that the login popup in TM1web (BI authentification) does not pop up anymore hence they can't connect to TM1web.

So far some laptops were ok other were not, and we couldn't find any patch, windows update, IE version of anything special. This morning, it was working on my laptop, and all of a sudden it's not working anymore (either prod or dev environment). I checked the antivirus, windows update, proxy, but couldn't make it work again.

I have another laptop, and it was partially working. Not in DEV but in PROD yes. I cleaned the cache of the laptop (IE cache, cookies and so on), now it doesn't work not in PROD not in DEV. :shock:

I restarted the DEV and PROD web server hosting both BI and WEB part (the entire machine not only the services), but it doesn't fix the issue.
I tried using the emulation of the IE (using debug mode and going through all possible IE version), no solution there.

I decided to remove the AdminHostName and TM1ServerName from the tm1web_config file, to see if it was TM1web itself or something linked with the TM1 server => it doesn't show any prompt for entering host name. So i'm now considering a problem on TM1web itself, i only see the blue and white background but nothing more is happening.

Finaly i removed the tm1web, pmpsvc and pmhub from the C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\tm1_64\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost folder, but it didn't change much.

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help.
paulsimon
MVP
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Cannot connect to TM1web (no prompt)

Post by paulsimon »

Hi

You might want to check that no one has changed anything in the firewall if you have to go through that?

Regards

Paul
moraledalx
Version: TM1 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Cannot connect to TM1web (no prompt)

Post by moraledalx »

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I thought i did reply to you already, but i realized i did not...
Difficult in my position to get some help from the IT desk, but i finally manage to get their attention and indeed it was somewhere in the network link with some firewall behind updated.