Modifying Set Editor Defaults

jorelb
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics Cloud
Version: 2.0.9 IF (2)
Excel Version: 2016

Modifying Set Editor Defaults

Post by jorelb »

Is there a way to modify the Set Editor Default?

We have a large dimension and users do not want to dig through all the members as the set editor is set to default to all members.

How can I change the set editor to default to a specific subset.

Tha
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Modifying Set Editor Defaults

Post by Alan Kirk »

jorelb wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:02 pm Is there a way to modify the Set Editor Default?

We have a large dimension and users do not want to dig through all the members as the set editor is set to default to all members.

How can I change the set editor to default to a specific subset.

Tha
You do that by defining the public subset named Default to just the elements that you want to appear when a user opens the subset editor.

Better still, you also train your users to create their own Default subsets so that only the elements that are relevant to them will appear. (Unfortunately there's no practical way of centralising that process.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
jorelb
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics Cloud
Version: 2.0.9 IF (2)
Excel Version: 2016

Post by jorelb »

Alan,

We do have Default public subsets in the dimensions. However, the Planning Analytics' subset dropdown defaults to All Members.
Is there a way to change the All Members to the Default public subset?

Thank you
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

You can use the }HierarchyProperties cube to control the default member in PAW, discussed in here https://community.watsonanalytics.com/d ... namic.html on IBMs forum.

I'm not sure that this is exactly what you are asking for though, maybe you need to save a default view with the default subsets?

Where exactly are you using the subset dropdown and what style of report?
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

jorelb wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:15 pm Alan,

We do have Default public subsets in the dimensions. However, the Planning Analytics' subset dropdown defaults to All Members.
Is there a way to change the All Members to the Default public subset?
In which case I'd remind you of this from the Request for Assistance guidelines:
Ensure that you specify the component of the software that you're having a problem with.
There are still going to be a lot more people on 10.2.2 and earlier than there are on PA2 so unless you specify PAW / PAX, they're going to assume that you mean one of the earlier environments especially since you have, at the time of writing, "10.2" still shown as your version number on your profile.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.