Multiple TM1 Applications on one Application Server

tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Multiple TM1 Applications on one Application Server

Post by tomok »

I've not had much experience with Contributor so I'm hoping someone here can give me some insight with a few questions. I am advising a company that uses TM1 but did not have a development environment (it's a long story) and they wanted to be able to play around without messing up their production cubes. I helped them clone the data folder and brought a new service up with a different name and IP address. All well and good. The production service that we cloned has a Contributor application. Now, what they want to do is publish the same application that they have in production, but publish it from the new development service. Can this be done? Can you have two separate applications on the same TM1 Application Server, with the same dimension and cube names, with the only difference being the name of the TM1 service they are linked to? If so, how do you go about doing this? Is it as simple as just opening Performance Modeler and publishing from the development service? The TM1 version is 10.2.2.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: Multiple TM1 Applications on one Application Server

Post by David Usherwood »

Short answer is yes. In PM you can connect to and build applications from multiple servers. Possibly stating the obvious, the applications should have different names.
I haven't used the application migration facility as it had a poor reputation (possibly been fixed) and I found that rebuilding an application from scratch was no big deal - just as well, since Apps Web (aka Contributor) is pretty fragile and starting over is often necessary.