Anyone used TurboDebugger with PA?

jpjosey
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013 Pro 64b

Anyone used TurboDebugger with PA?

Post by jpjosey »

We just had our PA environment spun up and I'm tinkering around with all the bells and whistles. One of which, is the TurboDebugger (which I am very excited for).

However I can neither get it working on the remote PA machine, nor my local machine connecting to our PA TM1 service.

When I run the TurboDebugger.bat (which I've since modified to point at the PA machine's correct javaw.exe path) I get the error:

Error: Unable to access jarfile TurboDebugger.jar (which is in the same directory)

The TurboDebugger.jar file appears to do nothing when run, and the machine didn't know to attempt to open it with Java until I told it to.

On my local machine however, I was able to get the TurboDebugger running, however in the "TM1 Server API HTTP URL" box, it seems no matter what I put, when I click "Login" it just stalls for a few seconds then does nothing, no error, no progress. The CAM Namespace field is greyed out, which if I'm not mistaken means I should also leave User Name and Password blank until it progresses.

FYI The port I'm using the in the API URL is the same HTTP port specified on the tm1cfg file, also debugging is turned on in said config file.

Anyone managed to get turbodebugger working for a PA enviro who can share some tips?

Thanks in advance.
BrianL
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2 10.1 10.2 PA2
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Anyone used TurboDebugger with PA?

Post by BrianL »

I've been told that PA environments require an automation account to work with the TurboDebugger tool.

If you use

Code: Select all

java -jar TurboDebugger.jar
to run the debugger, do you see any error messages output to the java console?

If you're using an older version of the debugger and simply double clicking the .jar file you're probably not using the correct ssl certs. You can either import them into the java keystore or use the

Code: Select all

-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=cacerts -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=cacerts
options to use the included (and TM1 default) ssl certificates.