Audit Log Configuration

Thurston Howell III
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.8
Excel Version: 2016

Audit Log Configuration

Post by Thurston Howell III »

Hi All,

I am trying to change how far back my Audit Log files go and thus far I've only seen reference to the Interval period in the tm1s.cfg file, which has nothing to do with what I want. I am looking to change the number of days of information that it stores. Where would this be configured?
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Audit Log Configuration

Post by tomok »

Thurston Howell III wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:44 pm I am trying to change how far back my Audit Log files go
Such a property does not exist. If you stop and think about it for a minute you'll understand why. Log files in TM1 are simple text files that TM1 appends to every time a loggable event occurs. If you want to control "how far back they go" you are in essence asking TM1 to start at the beginning of the log file and remove lines that were written before the start of your date range. TM1's logging capabilities can only append to the log, not remove lines from the beginning.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Thurston Howell III

Tomok, I understand that. What I mean is that I think the log only goes back so far. I would like to expand how far back it retains transactions for future use.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

The audit log is going to contain all the entries to whenever it was either first started or the last time it was stopped and restarted, just like with the tm1server.log file. However, that may be affected by how much disk space you have as the audit log can grow exponentially in a very short order depending on what you are logging.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Thurston Howell III

That makes sense. THanks for the help!