Active Form formatting calculated rules

vovanenok
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Active Form formatting calculated rules

Post by vovanenok »

Hi all
I have an active form perspectives report with TM1 Report Row in column B. Column A contains my formatting rule keys. I want to calculate a format key based on the values of active form cells. Let's say I get values in columns C and D using DBRW function. Then I calculate column E as the difference C-D. And I want to calculate my formatting column A as IF(E>0, 1, 0).
I see correct values in column A, but formatting rules are totally messed up.
If I use other active form cells containing DBRW formula only, everything works fine.

Is it an expected behavior? Is it because formatting and custom calculations are done in the same pass?

Thanks
----------
TeamOne Google Sheets add-on for IBM Planning Analytics
Let's connect on LinkedIn
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Active Form formatting calculated rules

Post by Steve Rowe »

Is it an expected behavior? Is it because formatting and custom calculations are done in the same pass?
Not convinced I have tried exactly this but you are probably right.

I would think that you are better off putting a conditional format rule in the cell format itself at the top for formats that have to be calculated in "real time".

If you can't do conditional cell formats then you could try changing the report to use DBR instead of DBRW by changing the first row of the report but, 1. Not sure if the form will reset itself to DBRWs and 2. Expect performance to suffer, depending on volumes it could suffer a lot.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

I have previously added attributes to the dimension used in column B and read these in to column A to drive the formatting-depends on your needs but may work. You could obviously create composite values and format accordingly.
vovanenok
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by vovanenok »

So after chatting with IBM support, the only found solution is to use Excel Conditional formatting. I tested it works as expected
----------
TeamOne Google Sheets add-on for IBM Planning Analytics
Let's connect on LinkedIn