Custom Rollup Issue

AskAndAnswer
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0...
Excel Version: 2016

Custom Rollup Issue

Post by AskAndAnswer »

Hello,

I am running into an issue with the user created custom rollups. When users add a custom rollup to the cube view, they do not see any consolidated data there, though they have write access to all leaf elements in the rollup, and all elements' data is loaded, no rules. An admin can see totals, so I assume it's a security issue. Is there a way to fix it?
There is an element security cube that limits access to the elements in the dimension, this particular user has access to everything, but I guess when a custom consolidation is created, security does not apply to it.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Custom Rollup Issue

Post by lotsaram »

AskAndAnswer wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:27 pm Hello,

I am running into an issue with the user created custom rollups. When users add a custom rollup to the cube view, they do not see any consolidated data there, though they have write access to all leaf elements in the rollup, and all elements' data is loaded, no rules. An admin can see totals, so I assume it's a security issue. Is there a way to fix it?
There is an element security cube that limits access to the elements in the dimension, this particular user has access to everything, but I guess when a custom consolidation is created, security does not apply to it.
When you say "user has added a custom rollup" you need to clarify exactly what you mean. It seems you aren't talking about a user defined consolidation but perhaps the user creates a rollup via running a TI process?

If the dimension has element security then any new element will have NONE access for all groups until security is defined so if you have a process run by users to create elements then that process needs to also make sure security gets assigned for any new element.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
AskAndAnswer
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0...
Excel Version: 2016

Post by AskAndAnswer »

I mean a rollup that user creates by picking elements in the subset editor and clicking Rollup button. It creates a custom consolidation "}ROOLUP_ELEM", and this is what stays empty in the cube view while the user has access to all elements underneath and all regular consolidations in the dimension.
Paul-TM1
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Hi,
I have a similar issue where I (admin) created an alternate hierarchy. Consolidations are not showing for non admin users while the admin can. At the lowest level, values are visible. Where could be the issue? I am using PA2.0.9.
Can some one please point me to the documentation? Is this a feeder issue?

Thanks,
Paul.