Problem restoring model (some cubes are missing from list)

yingchai
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Problem restoring model (some cubes are missing from list)

Post by yingchai »

I am facing a strange situation here where by some cubes are not showing from the cube list in Server Explorer upon restoration.

Here are the details...
1. From my initial model, it contains 2 cubes (Cube A and B). I had further enhance the model by creating 4 new cubes (Cube C, D, E and F).
2. Next, I plan to share my model to another person. So, I copy and zip the entire 'Data' folder.
3. When my colleague try to restore my model, they are only able to view (Cube A and B). The 4 new cubes are missing from the list.
4. Had double-checked the Data folder that all .cub files are still inside that folder.
5. Had opened up }CubeSecurity cubeview and already assigned 'ADMIN' for the 6 cubes under ADMIN Group.

I am able to replicate the same issue when trying to restore to few workstations. Currently on TM1 10.2.2 FP5 platform and only one user ID 'admin' is used to logging in.
What had went wrong with my model?
kangkc
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, PA , TMVGate
Version: 2.x
Excel Version: 36x

Re: Problem restoring model (some cubes are missing from list)

Post by kangkc »

I would check tm1server.log to see if there are any error.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Problem restoring model (some cubes are missing from list)

Post by tomok »

yingchai wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:05 am 4. Had double-checked the Data folder that all .cub files are still inside that folder.
What about all the .dim files? If any of those are missing then the cubes won't show up.
yingchai wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:05 am 5. Had opened up }CubeSecurity cubeview and already assigned 'ADMIN' for the 6 cubes under ADMIN Group.
A waste of time. Anyone who is in the built-in ADMIN group can see everything. No need to assign security to any object to the ADMIN group.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/