Changing data on server re-boot

Bucjeff
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Planning Analytics 2
Excel Version: Office 365

Changing data on server re-boot

Post by Bucjeff »

we are on fix pack 5

We have data on an employee record that is being cleared only when the server is re-booted. I changed the logging to DEBUG to get everything I could possibly look at. Went through them all and found nothing that is obvious this morning. This field is not a calculated field it is a date of employee termination. There is a data there. Save data is run and for the next few days everything is ok. But when the server is re-booted early Sunday morning the dates are gone. The dates being gone does drive other calculations. This is how I first noticed the data changing.

Any ideas? Anything I can provide the community to help?

thanks

Jeff F.
Newb Jeff
10.2.2 FP 3
Excel 2010
tm123
OLAP Product: tm1, cognos bi
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Changing data on server re-boot

Post by tm123 »

So you are sure this is not a Rule-Feeder related issue?

If you have a Rule somewhere with a STET statement, that could create some issue??

Just an idea
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

Maybe the "reboot" is a red herring. What about any startup processes or chores that may get run right after a server restart. Could there be one that is wiping out the data you're looking for. That's where I would be looking. There is also a slight chance that your cube is not saving properly. What I would look for is a file in your data directory that is the same as the cube but ends with .cu$. Something like YourCubeName.cu$. These $ files are temporary files created by TM1 during a save. I have seen instances where the existence of one of these files, before a save, can cause the cube not to save so that when you retart you get an old version of the cube. This can also happen to dimension files. Look for any files that end with $.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Bucjeff
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Planning Analytics 2

Post by Bucjeff »

Maybe the "reboot" is a red herring. What about any startup processes or chores that may get run right after a server restart. Could there be one that is wiping out the data you're looking for. That's where I would be looking. There is also a slight chance that your cube is not saving properly. What I would look for is a file in your data directory that is the same as the cube but ends with .cu$. Something like YourCubeName.cu$. These $ files are temporary files created by TM1 during a save. I have seen instances where the existence of one of these files, before a save, can cause the cube not to save so that when you retart you get an old version of the cube. This can also happen to dimension files. Look for any files that end with $.
Thanks for the advice. It sounded like a terrific option, but alas no .CU$ files.

There are no chores setup that run on server startup that don't run normally on any other day. I have a log file where I went into the web front end and corrected the data and saved it. Then locked down the system from users making changes. Then 2 days later after a re-boot I have a log showing me doing the exact same thing. With nothing else in any log between.

Since this is data input in by users I would not expect a rule to remove it. Having data in this termination field does impact a rule though and a feeder to our Finance Cube.

thanks for the help. Any other possibilities?

Jeff F
Newb Jeff
10.2.2 FP 3
Excel 2010
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x

Post by lotsaram »

Bucjeff wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:21 pm we are on fix pack 5

We have data on an employee record that is being cleared only when the server is re-booted.
The version you are on is affected by APAR PI70620 where feeders can delete entry data.

This was discussed already in this thread. I suggest you check the test case and see if this applies to you.

This was fixed from 10.2.2 FP6 IF1014.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.