MDX using TI Parameters

RonLat
OLAP Product: TM1, Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: 365

MDX using TI Parameters

Post by RonLat »

using a MDX statement, it is possible to create a subset by filtering the values of a cube. However, it is necessary to explicitly name the dimensions and elements of the cube. In my case, the [Period] and [Config_Measure].[Source] are constants in the MDX statement below. I'd like to vary the elements [Year].[FY17] and [Scenario_Plan].[FC0517], because I need the process to create different subsets for [Period] in dependence of the selected elements in the dimension [Year] and [Scenario_Plan]. Is there any possibility to use TI Parameters as variables for the selection of the elements? If not, any idea how to solve this problem?

Code: Select all

SubsetCreateByMDX (SubNameSRC,

'{FILTER({TM1FILTERBYLEVEL( 
{TM1SUBSETALL( [Period] )}, 0)}, 
[Config_JPS].( [Year].[FY17], [Scenario_Plan].[FC0517], [Config_Measure].[Source]) > 0 )}'

);
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: MDX using TI Parameters

Post by Steve Rowe »

Yup, just concatenate the vars into the MDX string

sMDX='{FILTER({TM1FILTERBYLEVEL( 
[Config_JPS].( [Year].[' | sYear |'], [Scenario_Plan].[' | sScenario |'], [Config_Measure].[Source]) > 0 )}'

SubsetCreateByMDX (SubNameSRC, sMDX);

Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
tm123
OLAP Product: tm1, cognos bi
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by tm123 »

RonLat wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:37 am using a MDX statement, it is possible to create a subset by filtering the values of a cube. However, it is necessary to explicitly name the dimensions and elements of the cube. In my case, the [Period] and [Config_Measure].[Source] are constants in the MDX statement below. I'd like to vary the elements [Year].[FY17] and [Scenario_Plan].[FC0517], because I need the process to create different subsets for [Period] in dependence of the selected elements in the dimension [Year] and [Scenario_Plan]. Is there any possibility to use TI Parameters as variables for the selection of the elements? If not, any idea how to solve this problem?

SubsetCreateByMDX (SubNameSRC,

'{FILTER({TM1FILTERBYLEVEL( 
[Config_JPS].( [Year].[FY17], [Scenario_Plan].[FC0517], [Config_Measure].[Source]) > 0 )}'

);
You just assign the MDX statement to a String Variable and then you concatenate the Static Part of your MDX with the variable part.

sMDX = '{FILTER({TM1FILTERBYLEVEL(
[Config_JPS].( [Year].[‘ + pYear + ‘], [Scenario_Plan].[FC0517], [Config_Measure].[Source]) > 0 )}' ;

I am typing from a Cell Phone and I cannot find the pipe character so I used + instead of pipe for concatenating strings

Then in your SubsetCreateByMDX use the sMDX variable
SubsetCreateByMDX (SubNameSRC, sMDX );
PavoGa
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP7, PA2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 2013 PAW

Post by PavoGa »

RonLat wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:37 am using a MDX statement, it is possible to create a subset by filtering the values of a cube. However, it is necessary to explicitly name the dimensions and elements of the cube. In my case, the [Period] and [Config_Measure].[Source] are constants in the MDX statement below. I'd like to vary the elements [Year].[FY17] and [Scenario_Plan].[FC0517], because I need the process to create different subsets for [Period] in dependence of the selected elements in the dimension [Year] and [Scenario_Plan]. Is there any possibility to use TI Parameters as variables for the selection of the elements? If not, any idea how to solve this problem?
To make the code easier to read, I switched to this:

strMDX = EXPAND('UNION( {[%dimName%].currentmember}    
    , FILTER( TM1SUBSETALL( [%dimName%] )
       ,  [%cubName%].([%dimName1%].[%element%], ...) = %pParam1%)
    , ALL)');
SubsetCreateByMDX(subName, strMDX);
SubsetElementDelete(dimName, subName, 1);
In this example, the dimensions, cube and elements are stored in variables. It is a lot easier to read, especially on more complex MDX, than the concatenation method.
Ty
Cleveland, TN