Willi
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2010

Planning Analytics behind IIS

Post by Willi »

Hello,

I have the Situation that I have to run PA 2.0.2 behind an IIS-Server. For TM1Web and also Cognos Analytics BI I set it up all running and okay. But for TM1 Application I have a Problem wich I don't understand. I set up a Rewrite Rule that all requests with "pmpsvc" are translated and routed to the internal URL. That worked for 10.2.2 like a charm. Now I can also reach the Application-Portal but the URL which is used for the request is the internal URL so it doesn't work if somebody is coming from outside.

I tried o set the Entry "TM1 Application Server Gateway URI" in Cognos Configuration from PA to the external URL but than I get an IIS-Error that the answer from the Application Server is invalid.

I'm pretty sure that this is only a very small config-issue but I don't get it

Thanls in advance,
Willi
Willi
Regular Participant
Version: 9.5.2

Re: Planning Analytics behind IIS

Post by Willi »

Okay, this is solved. I configured the wrong entry in the TM1 Cognos Configuration. It doesn't has to be "TM1 Application Server Gateway URI". Instead it has to be "External Dispatcher-URI". Seems to be Logical.

But now I have another issue a Little later in the process.

I'm not quite sure if this is TM1 or Cognos related. We want to integrate the Applications in Cognos BY Analytics and when I publish the App it is shown in Cognos BI under the correct Entry in the Teamcontent. When I click the App the App-Interface opens up correctly. But when Ic want to start TM1 from there I get an empty Browser window. And when I look in the Source of the page I see the following error:

Code: Select all

appId=null;appErrMsg='javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is: 
	java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate issued by CN=AddTrust External CA Root, OU=AddTrust External TTP Network, O=AddTrust AB, C=SE is not trusted; internal cause is: 
	java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error';
I have no idea what Certificate is missing and where it is missing. TM1Web without BI is working well.
Bakkone
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by Bakkone »

Thanks for coming back and sharing your solution. Hopefully it will help someone else in the future.
Paul-TM1
Version: 10.2.2

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Hi Willi,
Is the certificate chaining error fixed? I am having the same error and looking for solutions since a month. If you have cracked the issue, can you please share the details?

Thanks,
Paul.