TM1 Web Application going down on regular basis

rni
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

TM1 Web Application going down on regular basis

Post by rni »

Hi All,

The TM1 Web services are going down automatically or while restarting services. As a temporary fix, we have tried deleting the contents of folders pmhub, pmpsvc and tm1web in tomcat folder restarting the services and it works fine. Also increased the tomcat size but still no luck.
Noticed that when the services are down, port number 9513 (shutdown port number mentioned in IBM Cognos Configuration) is not in Listening State when checked in netstat -a command. Whereas, on a server which is working fine, the port number 9513 is enabled (in Listening State).

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks
st2000
OLAP Product: TM1 (Windows) & SSAS 2014 Ent.
Version: 10.2.0 FP3
Excel Version: Excel 2013

Re: TM1 Web Application going down on regular basis

Post by st2000 »

I had this issue also one time, this solved it for me:
http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11473
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21669247
C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\tm1_64\tomcat\bin --> CMD(Admin) --> tomcat6w.exe //ES//pmpsvc --> JAVA-Sheet
(see behind the 1st link, post from lotsaram at Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:12 pm, this window should appear)
Was missing: -Xgcpolicy:gencon
Max. memory pool was by default 768 and might have been too low, increased it to 4096, that helped.
I didn't need to configure the -xmn - switch, as it helped to lotsaram (link above), but might be also a hint for you...
-----------------------------------
Best regards,
Stefan
rni
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Re: TM1 Web Application going down on regular basis

Post by rni »

Thank you for your suggestion. Already tried to increase the Max Memory pool. That dint work :(