Active Forms using multiple cubes

srex
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

Active Forms using multiple cubes

Post by srex »

New member here. :?

Has anyone created zero-suppressed Active-Form reports sourced from multiple cubes? If so, how? Thanks!
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Active Forms using multiple cubes

Post by Alan Kirk »

srex wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:35 pm New member here. :?

Has anyone created zero-suppressed Active-Form reports sourced from multiple cubes? If so, how? Thanks!
1/ It has to be on a separate row from the existing Active Form.
2/ Create and save a view to serve as a basis for the new Active Form in the cube that you want to base it on (including named subsets for the rows).
3/ Select the starting point for the new Active Form.
4/ Go to the TM1 Ribbon Tab, and in the Active Form section select the Insert button.
5/ Select the cube and view.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

Might be wrong but think the OP wants zero suppression in a way that shows an element in a common dimension when there are values in either cube A and/or cube B.
If that is the case I would normally depending on a number of factors either:
A/ rule values from one cube to the other and then zero suppress as normal
B/ create an extra measure that is rule derived and just shows 1 or 0 for whether said intersection in either cube is non zero - build a zero suppressed AF on this but then hide that column.
C/ Use MDX to union 2 filtered sets (one for each cube where value is not zero) and then you use an active form on either cube and set zero suppression off (as your MdX is doing it anyway.)

Should add that your AF is just based on one cube but In Columns off to the right you can reference DBRWs to another cube and use the elements defined in the metadata columns of the active form. So as far as users are concerned it's one report and they don't have to know/care where the value are sourced from.
Declan Rodger
srex

Post by srex »

Thank you for the responses. :)

Could you give me an idea of what the MDX statement would look like and where I would need to utilize it?
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

srex wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:00 pm Could you give me an idea of what the MDX statement would look like and where I would need to utilize it?
You are unlikely to get a meaningful response which is specific enough to help you until you do your bit and provide enough information to make such a response possible.

Look at the RFA for a guide what you need to do. Specifically pay attention to these points ...
Request for assistance guidelines wrote:3) Try to make the question as specific as possible. A general question like "How do I write a rule?" is difficult to answer without copying out the whole of the user manual.
Request for assistance guidelines wrote:7) Give a brief outline of what you've done to find the answer; which manuals or guides you've looked in, and what tests you've done. TM1 documentation isn't the best or most logically organised, and nobody expects new users to be able to find things which are obscure. It's OK to ask a question which more experienced users might consider obvious; we've all done it. However if the person answering your question knows what you've looked at, they won't waste your time or theirs by telling you what you already know. At a minimum, you should ensure that you browse the FAQ thread and use the search box in the top right to see whether there is already a solution to your problem. Also, please don't ask very basic questions about how to do things in TurboIntegrator or Rules without at least looking through the relevant functions in the Reference Guide.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
srex

Post by srex »

Thanks all. Asking for a colleague. I'll see if I can get more details.