Create hierarchy by attributes in PA

Chuks
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: 2010

Create hierarchy by attributes in PA

Post by Chuks »

Hi All

I was trying to create a hierarchy based on the attributes using the CreateHierarchyByAttribute function in Ti process.
Somehow when i run the process it says "CreateHierarchyByAttribute" function failed.

I have used the syntax as given in documentation,
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (84.92 KiB) Viewed 3615 times
P.S the parameter in cfg file to enable hierarchy creation is set to T.

Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. Could you also let me know how this new attribute hierarchy can be accessed in Tm1 web.
Thanks,
Chuks
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Create hierarchy by attributes in PA

Post by Steve Rowe »

I'm not convinced you will be able to see the hierarchy in TM1 Web, pretty sure it is only available in PAW and PAX. The "old" clients won't be able to see them, I'm slightly hesitant as I know they refreshed TM1 Web a little in the last release and I have not directly checked.

As for your error, suggest you put your actual code and the error message, I've not encountered issues using that function.

It might be for some secondary reason like you have an invalid rule sheet or the creation of the hierarchy is invalidating a rule sheet, something like that.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

I'm not convinced you will be able to see the hierarchy in TM1 Web, pretty sure it is only available in PAW and PAX. The "old" clients won't be able to see them, I'm slightly hesitant as I know they refreshed TM1 Web a little in the last release and I have not directly checked.
Just checked on PA 2.02 - from what I can see the new named hierarchies are not available in TM1Web.
Drg
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2.0 - 10.3.0
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Drg »

David Usherwood wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:40 am
Just checked on PA 2.02 - from what I can see the new named hierarchies are not available in TM1Web.
WAA-WA-WA-WAAAAAA just sing this ...